ROM Hack WIP BOTW Save Editor (Homebrew App)

Jpe230

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I made this simple Homebrew app to edit your rupees, weapon durability and arrow quantity.

It is still a WIP, I've got much to improve.

IT ONLY WORKS ON V1.5 OF BOTW Now it works for all versions :)

Instructions:

• Open BOTW with your current user. Wait until the title screen, then exit it. (Close the game, too);
  • Open the Save Editor and select save file slot. (Usually it is 5 or 0).
  • Use DPAD UP/Down to Increase/Decrease the integer. Use DPAD Left/Right to move the cursor.
  • Use L/R to move between items.
  • Press A to Commit Changes.
  • Press + to exit.

Disclaimer:

• Please always make a backup before editing your save file; I'm not responsible for any lost save file.
  • This is a WIP, it contains bugs.

If you want to contribute please DM me, I seriously need help.

EDIT: I updated the zip file, it contains 2 nro's one for normal mode and the other for master mode. Now it mounts the save directory now you don't have to use Checkpoint to extract your save file. But ALWAYS make a backup.

If you want to contribute please DM me, I seriously need help.

Here is my project in Github if you want to compile it/fork it/see the code: github (dot) com/Jpe230/BOTW-Save-File-Editor

Deprecated. See my new post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/botw-save-file-editor-gui-version.508370/

(Mods feel free to delete this thread.

Attachments

• BOTW-Save-File-Editor v.02.zip
    108.3 KB · Views: 7,132
  • BOTW-Save-File-Editor-Master-Mode.zip
    108.3 KB · Views: 4,265
Last edited by Jpe230,

xTwized

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow this is pretty awesome! The ability to edit saves on device is infinitely appealing and convenient! Might I suggest that you work with the developers of Edizon? They have an excellent foundation and graphical front end for backing up / restoring saves on device. The next part of what they are trying to accomplish would then to have on device editing of the aforementioned saves. Once again though, this is awesome! Keep up the excellent work!

Syynx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the instructions and I don't think it's working properly for me; no matter which save number I load in the editor it says I have 0 rupees and I can't use L/R to switch to other categories

I have another save backed up in Checkpoint, I'll try removing that

EDIT: Fixed it! Turns out the problem was the Save editor only let's you choose saves 0-5, while my save folder showed 0-7 (the manual save being folder "6") I deleted folder 5 and renamed 6 to 5. Maybe the 2 additional save folders are created when you start a game on hard mode?

Last edited by Syynx,

Jpe230

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I followed the instructions and I don't think it's working properly for me; no matter which save number I load in the editor it says I have 0 rupees and I can't use L/R to switch to other categories

I have another save backed up in Checkpoint, I'll try removing that

EDIT: Fixed it! Turns out the problem was the Save editor only let's you choose saves 0-5, while my save folder showed 0-7 (the manual save being folder "6") I deleted folder 5 and renamed 6 to 5. Maybe the 2 additional save folders are created when you start a game on hard mode?

Yes it is a currently a problem when you have master mode, you can edit the code easily to fix it :)

Syynx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is a currently a problem when you have master mode, you can edit the code easily to fix it :)
Done! Here's an updated version of the .nro with master mode fix for anyone who can't fix it

mediafire [dot] com/file/4cnu5uvru5d5f87/BOTW-Save-File-Editor.nro

Lines 158 through 176 of main.c should read:
Code:
    if(currentItem == 0){
        printf("\r");
            printf("%d", slot);
            switch(c){
                case 0:
                    slot++;
                    if(slot == 8)
                        slot = 0;
                    break;
                case 1:
                    slot--;
                    if(slot == -1)
                        slot = 7;
                    break;  

}
            printf("\r");
            printf("%d", slot);
    }

Last edited by Syynx,

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
You should play the game and not the other way round!
I'm really tempted to get this but I'm afraid the game will become too easy:unsure:
Anyways thanks for this awesome tool!

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done! Here's an updated version of the .nro with master mode fix for anyone who can't fix it

mediafire [dot] com/file/4cnu5uvru5d5f87/BOTW-Save-File-Editor.nro

Lines 158 through 176 of main.c should read:
Code:
    if(currentItem == 0){
        printf("\r");
            printf("%d", slot);
            switch(c){
                case 0:
                    slot++;
                    if(slot == 8)
                        slot = 0;
                    break;
                case 1:
                    slot--;
                    if(slot == -1)
                        slot = 7;
                    break; 

}
            printf("\r");
            printf("%d", slot);
    }
Worked perfect for me. Master Link is now rich, has an Indestructible Master Sword, Unbreakable Shield, and Infinite Light Arrows.

Reactions: Deleted User

JimmyDean42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx, this is awesome @Jpe230 ! Didn't want to have to copy my save to PC every time to refresh my weapons.

I have all my homebrew in a /switch/ folder on my SD card, so I changed the folder location to point to that so I didn't have to move stuff around on my card. Also added the mastermode fix via @Syynx (even tho nowhere near there yet).

EDIT: Nvm, wasn't clear to me what I was looking at.

Last edited by JimmyDean42,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx, this is awesome @Jpe230 ! Didn't want to have to copy my save to PC every time to refresh my weapons.

I have all my homebrew in a /switch/ folder on my SD card, so I changed the folder location to point to that so I didn't have to move stuff around on my card. Also added the mastermode fix via @Syynx (even tho nowhere near there yet).
What do you mean you changed the folder location? What did you change exactly?

JimmyDean42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean you changed the folder location? What did you change exactly?

From /Checkpoint/saves/0x01007EF00011E000 The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild/botw/ to /switch/Checkpoint/saves/0x01007EF00011E000 The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild/botw/. I have all my homebrew programs in one folder in my SD card. Just didn't want to have to move my Checkpoint folder out of there.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From /Checkpoint/saves/0x01007EF00011E000 The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild/botw/ to /switch/Checkpoint/saves/0x01007EF00011E000 The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild/botw/. I have all my homebrew programs in one folder in my SD card. Just didn't want to have to move my Checkpoint folder out of there.
The original code says: char header[] = "Checkpoint/saves/0x01007EF00011E000 The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild/botw/";

This is a relative path. If you place the Save editor in sdmc:/switch/ then it will look for the Checkpoint folder in the Switch folder. Your edit simply turned it into an absolute path so that the save game editor can access the folder no matter where on the SD card you place it. Still a good edit, but the original worked fine for me.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should play the game and not the other way round!
I'm really tempted to get this but I'm afraid the game will become too easy:unsure:
Anyways thanks for this awesome tool!
Who said you HAD to edit your game files? This is not for people who want to play normally, this is for people who want to mess around!

JimmyDean42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original code says: char header[] = "Checkpoint/saves/0x01007EF00011E000 The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild/botw/";

This is a relative path. If you place the Save editor in sdmc:/switch/ then it will look for the Checkpoint folder in the Switch folder. Your edit simply turned it into an absolute path so that the save game editor can access the folder no matter where on the SD card you place it. Still a good edit, but the original worked fine for me.

AHHH, gotcha. I have every .nro in its own folder (so /switch/BOTW-Save-File-Editor/BOTW-Save-File-Editor.nro). That's why it didn't work for me. I guess putting it in the same folder as the /Checkpoint/ folder is easier than editing the code :P

Thx for taking the time to explain!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.