BotW Save Converter (Switch <-> Wii U)

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by ShadowOne333, Mar 23, 2018.

1. isoboy

isoboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    I did it. Praise -insert random Skyrim god-

2. TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek medic

Jul 28, 2015
    Turkey
    nvm solved

Last edited by TR_mahmutpek, Jul 24, 2018
    ShadowOne333 likes this.
  3. Wilrich25

Wilrich25 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2018
    Canada
    Hello, Just a quick question, do I need to install homebrew software on my wiiu and/or switch to just copy from wiiu to switch? (just want BOTW without having to replay all the shrines etc that I have done.)

linuxaresisagaysob likes this.
  4. intellettuanale

intellettuanale GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2017
    Italy
    Thank you very much!

5. jrhb314

jrhb314 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2018
    United States
    Can someone PLEASE post a step by step guide? This thread seems to assume you already have modding experience with BotW.

I got the save from the WiiU onto a USB, but when I attempt to use the save converter, Windows tells me it doesn't recognize the file system and I can't even look at the contents. I assumed perhaps the problem was I needed to use a save dumper(?) to convert the data into something Windows can recognize, but that doesn't seem to be how a save dumper works? I don't know enough to know if I'm actually running into an error, or if I'm just missing steps.

6. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Yes, you need Saviine to dump your save before you do something with this guide!

7. jrhb314

jrhb314 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2018
    United States
    Okay, how does that work? It doesn't seem to offer a conversion when I open it, it just says listening on port ####

naddel81 likes this.
  8. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Addict

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    The other Wii U Save App (forgot the name) will do it,too. i guess.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

9. Skeet1983

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    Hi guys. I am getting a Jig for my Switch next week and will finally be able to hack my Switch :)
    I am wanting to transfer my Wii U BOTW Save to Switch, but if I remember right, Wii U game version is lower than my Switch version of game. Do both BOTW Wii U and Switch need to be same game version? Thoughts and help greatly appreciated :)

10. jrhb314

jrhb314 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2018
    United States
    yes they need to be the same game version, I know that much

11. Skeet1983

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    Ok, since my save won't work, is there an 100% or "Ultimate" save for BOTW Switch?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

[
    I am confused. Do both Wii U and Switch need to be same version? funayman says they don't need to be same game version...

12. FunThomas

FunThomas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    Gambia, The
    you can use a lower version save file on a higher version of the game but not the other way without editing some files, i think there was a file somewhere where the game version is written to

13. Skeet1983

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    Hi guys. I am getting my Jig tomorrow. I dumped my Wii U Save with Saviine just now. To prepare for doing the save convert and transfer, what do I need to use and download? To inject the converted save, do I use Checkpoint? Help appreciated :)

14. afra

afra Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2015
    Iran
    Works for bayonetta1 and 2 ?.. please tell me İ can convert hundreds of hour of my bayonetta to switch

15. Skeet1983

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    Hi guys. What am I supposed to download for Windows UI? I went to the github on first page, not sure what I need...
    Help appreciated :)

Update: I got what I needed. I converted saves, it says successful and shows Switch icon. But, when I open save directory again, it shows Wii U Icon? Help appreciated :)

Final Update: I figured it out. For injecting the converted save, can I just use Checkpoint? Help appreciated :)

Last edited by Skeet1983, Sep 16, 2018
  16. jeisoft

jeisoft Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2018
    Colombia
    I have the Option.save already converted (Switch icon)... what about now? how to transfer/inject to switch?

17. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Will Checkpoint or EdiZon do the trick or do I need to use the save game injector for the Switch?

18. wrsg

wrsg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2012
    United States
    Does SaveMii work okay with this?

19. arabtm

arabtm Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2007
    Indonesia
    basically, you just need to dump your wiiu save. I simply used ftpiiu to copy the save, others say savemii should also work. It took me a while to figure out how to use ftpiiu because it was long time ago I used it, but basically CFW needs to run first, before you can use it. so I run Mocha CFW first.

afterwards, I convert the save using the GUI in the front page. it will tell what is your save, version file (mine is latest, which is v1.5). then, you have to save the converted save in other folder (this is what I missed in the GUI, because of not reading carefully). after that, you'll have switch compatible save.

the next step is to install botw and also checkpoint homebrow on switch. at least run checkpoint once (I think), and checkpoint should create a zelda directory under /switch/save directory in your sd (or something like that)

copy your converted wiiu -> switch savefiles on the checkpoint zelda directory, and again open checkpoint and restore the said files.then that's it.

Loko4 likes this.
  20. Funbags82

Funbags82 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 12, 2017
    United States
    How is this utility used? Sorry for being ignorant. I just don't see an exe or a program that can be run. I've got the Wii U option.sav file in the 80000001 folder, but I do not know what to do with it. The instructions are a bit ambiguous to me. Any help in the right direction would be amazing.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted