BotW Save Converter (Switch <-> Wii U)

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by ShadowOne333, Mar 23, 2018.

1. W9qI8k5QMf

W9qI8k5QMf Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2019
    United States
    does this one also have issues with heros path?

hxxs:x/gbatemp.nxt/threads/botw-save-manager-cross-platform-command-line-windows-only-ui.503222/page-3

do all botw save file converters have issue with heros path?

2. TheZoc

TheZoc GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2009
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    I have no idea tbh...

Get a hex editor and fix it manually. By being careful, it's quite easy to do :)

3. jdwk

jdwk Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2019
    United States

I was able to compile and convert the save files, but I honestly don't know what I did that worked. When I returned from vacation, I fired up visual studio, loaded the sln project file, and right clicked the project and clicked build, but got a totally different error about not understanding the namespace "NLog".

The only thing that I think could have changed was I installed the .Net 2.2 SDK from the ".NET SDKs for Visual Studio" page instead of the main .Net downloads page, but it still installed in the C:\Program Files\dotnet folder, so I kind of doubt that had anything to do with it.

After getting the "NLog" error, I opened the NuGet manager and saw there is an NLog package, but when I clicked it on it, there were no checkmarks by the .cs projects. (command, conversion, UI). So I checked them all and I believe this installed the NLog package into the projects.

Sadly, when I tried to build, I still got an error, but this time it pointed out that it didn't like the specific reference to "NLog" in the "packages.config" file in the UI folder. So I right clicked on that file in the project browser and there was an option to convert it to a PackageManager or something like that, so I did that, then tried to build again, and it actually worked. The little UI popped up and I was able to convert the files and save them.

Now the next step was to get them on the Switch, which prompted watching another slew of YouTube videos, all assuming various levels of experience, knowledge, and previous steps taken, many of which are outdated or for specific firmware versions, etc. Not sure how many videos I watched before I learned I had to make a paperclip to short two pins together before I could even get started. Then after about an hour of failing at getting the Switch to boot into RCM, I finally gave up and ordered a JoyCon Jig from Ebay. Should be here tomorrow, and then this epic saga can continue.

4. Szophiya

Szophiya Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2019
    Colombia
    I'm very interested in doing this, if possible.

ShadowOne333 likes this.
  5. UltraSUPRA

UltraSUPRA GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2018
    United States
    Hello.
    This looks like the most genius idea for Nintendo Switch hacks. I'm definitely gonna use it.

That is, under one condition.

Is there a way to load a save injector through a non-hacked Switch (like how Mocha CFW worked on the Wii U)? I would hack my Switch, but there are three things going against it:

1. Banwaves.
    2. Brick risk.
    3. My parents won't let me.

I'd imagine there is a way around the first one, and I have a feeling my luck with all previous systems will carry over to the Switch for the second one, but my parents are the real roadblock. I just got that thing for Christmas last year, and I wasn't even allowed to hack my Wii U until a few months after its EOL. While my father hacked our old Wii mere months after we got it in 2008 for his birthday, he knows way more about computers than I ever will. If he says no, that means no. I mean, I'll probably get to hack my switch in the year 2021 when each system costs $250 and comes with a download code for Metroid Prime 4.

6. Doverking1

Doverking1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Could someone please explain how to use this to a noob?
    I have downloaded VS 2019 and I have no idea what Im doing.
    I just wanna convert my switch save to a wii U compatible version so that I can play on cemu.

7. shadoom

shadoom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Taiwan
    is there any way to fix the savegame if i cant unlock the memories after converting from wiiu to switch?

Last edited by shadoom, Apr 26, 2019
  8. henryzusa

henryzusa Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2019
    Mexico
    I already converted from Wii U to Switch.
    I'm planning on injecting the save via Checkpoint. I want to stop using CFW forever after that.
    If I go back to OFW and connect online, do you think I will get banned?