ROM Hack BotW Save Converter (Switch <-> Wii U)

talan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it possible to:
1. dump the savegame from the switch
2. convert it to wii u savegame format
3. edit the wii u savegame with a wii u botw save editor
4. convert it back to switch savegame format
5. inject it to the switch
6. profit?
Did you ever get this to work? I wanna play modded botw on cemu

Dalkamyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anybody been able to IMPORT their Nintendo switch botw save game and play it on CEMU (or yuzu) on PC?

I'm rather familiar with cemu. I used it before to allow my boy to play Mario bros on our iPad using my pc to stream cemu (moonlight) to the tablet...

So yeah, I'm looking for a step by step of what to do to import a switch save game onto pc essentially.

If my research is good I've got 2 options:
Import switch save game to pc, convert it to Wii u format using the botw save converter, play on pc...

Option 2 = use a save editor and somehow find a way to copy my switch save game by manually editing a new save game in the save game editor to look as much as possible like my switch current botw progress....

So yeah, can somebody run me through the steps... You don't need to hold my hand, I can pretty much find most of the stuff myself online. The part I don't know yet is HOW does one get the save game files OFF of a switch into a pc... I suppose it required somehow nodding the Nintendo switch? Right?

GregH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Hi everyone, I converted my BOTW switch saves to Wii U and imported them to CEMU (on my Steam Deck) simply copying from one location to the save location in the emulator, but something not worked, as the saves are all from the same place, at the very beginning in the Shrine of resurrections. There's something I'm missing?

I simply copied the game saves (0 1 2 3 albums, pict book etc. ) to the User folder in the game and renamed the entire folder to 80000001
the game sees files with dated of 1-01-1970 00:00 from shrine of resurrection in the very beginning of the game
I read elsewhere that i should use title manager, but how exactly ? could this be the problem?

Last edited by GregH,

ArchLeaders

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if after 4 years you will be able to find the exe file? it was just deleted on github

I just rewrote this tool for fun, if the executables aren't found on the main repo you can download the latest release on my fork: github / ArchLeaders / BotwSaveManager (can't post a real link cause I'm a new member)
Post automatically merged:

1667410930585.png

Also just checked and the original releases are still up.

PancakeBC

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just rewrote this tool for fun, if the executables aren't found on the main repo you can download the latest release on my fork: github / ArchLeaders / BotwSaveManager (can't post a real link cause I'm a new member)
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 335399

Also just checked and the original releases are still up.
Hi, I've been trying for a few days to use my yuzu saves on cemu. I found other forks for this too, but even if the "converting" and saving processes go well, my WII U save file keeps the .sav extension, which cemu can't read (it reads rpx or wud). I downloaded your repository and also checked for the original but the link "download the latest version" brings an error 404 page. could you help me convert my switch .sav file to Wii u .rpx or .wud file?

ArchLeaders

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've been trying for a few days to use my yuzu saves on cemu. I found other forks for this too, but even if the "converting" and saving processes go well, my WII U save file keeps the .sav extension, which cemu can't read (it reads rpx or wud). I downloaded your repository and also checked for the original but the link "download the latest version" brings an error 404 page. could you help me convert my switch .sav file to Wii u .rpx or .wud file?

You can't "run" a save file (or convert it to an rpx/wup), that's not how save files work.
For Cemu, you'd place them in your mlc01 directory.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i keep getting

the selected folder does not contain option.sav"

i tried the root folder

and i tried the 5 folder and theres a option.sav in there. i dont get it.

EDIT: the gui version dosent work. console version worked @ArchLeaders take a look at the linux version code im on pro with source code but i THINK its inserting the folder directory incorrectly
example
if you put "/home/user/botwsave/" it drops the last "/" making it the wrong directory.. just a hunch because the same happens in the cli version but you can simply re add the / back and it works

Last edited by xdarkmario,

treefroggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this utility, thanks for the work. Sadly I have the same problem noted a few pages before, the hero's path get completely corrupted and doesn't display properly. Since this is my first time replaying the game since hero's path was added, I won't be swapping.
If the Hero's Path is contained in the file trackblockXX.sav inside the "traveller" folder, then anyone else having this issue could make a copy of the file which corresponds to your savegame (where XX is save slot) and at the very least, save it for use with the platform it was originally formatted to, if the user decides to swap back to the same platform.

Last edited by treefroggy,
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM