BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just posting stuff I have done over the past few years. Posts here will slow down once I have posted them all. I'm glad you guys like them :bortz: makes me happy.
2014_10_25_1414266047_by_bortzanator-d92257s.jpg

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright guys, this one is a big one for me. I am really proud of it. So I bought a little 3"x5" moleskine a couple of summers ago and didnt really know how I wanted to utilize it. After a few days of messing around, I came up with this:
fyTVSdc.jpg

But I thought, man thats a waste of paper... So i when back at it, and this was the result:
lDEG9Iu.jpg

I can take a better picture if anyone is interested. There is just a little bit of stuff on either side but whatever. So my goal is the fill each page with ink. Like that.

MartyDreamy

Would you do anything for me?
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Alright guys, this one is a big one for me. I am really proud of it. So I bought a little 3"x5" moleskine a couple of summers ago and didnt really know how I wanted to utilize it. After a few days of messing around, I came up with this:
fyTVSdc.jpg

But I thought, man thats a waste of paper... So i when back at it, and this was the result:
lDEG9Iu.jpg

I can take a better picture if anyone is interested. There is just a little bit of stuff on either side but whatever. So my goal is the fill each page with ink. Like that.
WTF? DUDE YOU ARE AMAZING! :D

Reactions: BORTZ

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
So this was a drawing for my friend. He is making a deck of cards. He gathered 54 artists, and everyone got a card. Mine was the 10 of spades.
SamBK38.jpg

I wasn't happy about leaving a blank page so I kept going
Ub6gQg7.jpg

Thanks for looking :bortz:
Daaaamn, your ink drawings are amazing compared to the ink stuff I tried years ago (which is probably long gone). I'm thinking of doing another ink thing for a change sometime later this week.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daaaamn, your ink drawings are amazing compared to the ink stuff I tried years ago (which is probably long gone). I'm thinking of doing another ink thing for a change sometime later this week.
Do it. Ink is cool because it forces you to deal with mistakes. It really helps you grow as an artist.

EDIT
So funny story. THIS GUY was inspired by me back in high school to start inking basically everything. Now, I am inspired by him because he is so good. Both us us are now trying to come up with whatever the "next level" ink work it. I started it with my meticulous illustration of cloth, and he's done some equally if not better work on tons of other stuff.

Erikku

GBATemp's Official Cancer Treatment
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoooo I didn't even know this was ink at first glance, nice job on these Bortz. I'm thinking about being a character designer later in life while applying different styles to them. Any tips?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bortz! You son of a bitch! You haven't found a job yet?
Whoooo I didn't even know this was ink at first glance, nice job on these Bortz. I'm thinking about being a character designer later in life while applying different styles to them. Any tips?
Well this should answer both of your questions: It's a very competitive field.
Erikku, I would suggest trying to go beyond just a character designer. Think about it this way. Say someone wants to be an character animator. Or a rigger. Or any number of things. The first step to any of that is creating a character. Or maybe you want to be a comic book writer. What do you have to do? come up with a character. Do you see where I am going with this? The market for "character designers" already saturated. Now, please dont let me discourage you completely. Keep working at things, sketch, draw, ink, paint, whatever you like to do, but I would not suggest doing it as a job. Everyone now is goig to college and aiming for a desk job. Tough break, there are a finite number of desk jobs. And the people vacating those blue collar positions are going to need replaced.
My suggestion to you is to use that creativity you have an learn a trade. Do something that requires you do be creative. Learn how to engineer. Learn how to tear down a car engine. Learn about something REAL. Do that art stuff on the side and have people marvel at it. "I never knew you would draw!"

Reactions: Erikku

Engert

I love me
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I hear you Bortz. In this global economy everyone is aiming at desk jobs so they can become bureocrats and pay off student loans.
I'm a professional bureocrat and I even work for the state and Feds so I speak from experience.

Reactions: BORTZ

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear you Bortz. In this global economy everyone is aiming at desk jobs so they can become bureocrats and pay off student loans.
I'm a professional bureocrat and I even work for the state and Feds so I speak from experience.
Went to school to be an animator. Graduated 2012. Took a real job in an engineering shop. Payed payed off $30,000 in debt last September. You can all be success stories too.

Reactions: Scarlet

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Drugs.