Gaming Borderlands 2 Coming To PS Vita!

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So who has the game and what is everyone's impressions? It's deffo choppy at times but still really playable and enjoyable o me.
My ONLY issue is the rear touchpad keys. I had to switch to power controls so that I could have sprint mapped to circle and melee mapped to triangle. But, this also maps my special ability to the back touchpad as well as grenades, and I find myself CONSTANTLY accidentally throwing grenades or activating my power. Other then that I have no real complaints.

Do have a question though. Every chapter should have a trophy attached to it right? I don't think certain trophies are popping for me... Unless I'm remembering everything wrong and it's only after captain Flynt that you get trophies for every completed chapter.
Right now the only trophies I have are Flynt, Level 5, first gun and that's it. Am I missing any?

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like it a lot so far. Not the best port but it's still amazing how the took a huge game like Borderlands 2 and ported it over to the Vita. Also chavo, you can map your controls in the options menu.

Reactions: chavosaur

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It's quite nice, yeah. For me, the gameplay is nice and smooth but the menus seem a bit choppy. Otherwise, it's enjoyable enough. Agreed with chavo, the rear-touchpad stuff is pretty meh (I have melee and sprint mapped to the back which is easier for me, since I hardly ever melee and my hands are big enough that I can comfortably tap the touchpad once to sprint and such).

But yeah, it's quite impressive to play something like Borderlands 2 natively on a handheld

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So who has the game and what is everyone's impressions? It's deffo choppy at times but still really playable and enjoyable o me.
My ONLY issue is the rear touchpad keys. I had to switch to power controls so that I could have sprint mapped to circle and melee mapped to triangle. But, this also maps my special ability to the back touchpad as well as grenades, and I find myself CONSTANTLY accidentally throwing grenades or activating my power. Other then that I have no real complaints.

Do have a question though. Every chapter should have a trophy attached to it right? I don't think certain trophies are popping for me... Unless I'm remembering everything wrong and it's only after captain Flynt that you get trophies for every completed chapter.
Right now the only trophies I have are Flynt, Level 5, first gun and that's it. Am I missing any?
The chapter trophies aren't always for every chapter, just certain events that happen to occur at the end of a chapter. They start happening after Flynt.
You should be good!

Man, there is a lot of (unneeded, imo) hate for this port. Personally I'd love to get my hands on this, even if it will be the fourth console platform I've played this game on x.x I've played it on my shitty laptop, with poor framerate, I somehow doubt that it can be worse than that on the vita and it didn't even stop me from enjoying the game for 90+ hours then.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately melee is a key element for me since I play as Krieg (love playing as Krieg) so having it mapped to power is nice for me.
Is there really an option to let everything yourself though? I couldn't find anything to custom key things

Cryingmoose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BL2 on the vita is like playing it on a basic laptop.
Good enough to get the job done. Yes it stutters and you are playing it with graphic options turned down, but it's still a fun game.

I use a trigger grip, so the controls aren't that bad for me.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you guys give me some feedback? the game isnt out for another 2weeks here and there is only so much i can work out from previews on youtube and such and im just curious about a few things, some obvious and some less obvious. (There is a fair few, sorry bout that)

1) Is the sensitivity changable on the analoge sticks? Also, does the game include aiming using the vita gyro? (like moving the console around to aim)
2) Have you played multiplayer and what options are there for it? Does it have a free-join mode that lets you play solo with wifi on untill someone can join you or do you have to search for games and specifically host and join?
3) Is there any way to play with assigning all the controls to buttons and front touch screen and leaving the back touchscreen completely input free?
4) With the game purposely making less enemies on screen, does the game feel too easy and if it does. What difficulty settings does the game include?
5) Being brutally honest, is the framerate good, bad or only just tolerable?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Can you guys give me some feedback? the game isnt out for another 2weeks here and there is only so much i can work out from previews on youtube and such and im just curious about a few things, some obvious and some less obvious. (There is a fair few, sorry bout that)

1) Is the sensitivity changable on the analoge sticks? Also, does the game include aiming using the vita gyro? (like moving the console around to aim)
2) Have you played multiplayer and what options are there for it? Does it have a free-join mode that lets you play solo with wifi on untill someone can join you or do you have to search for games and specifically host and join?
3) Is there any way to play with assigning all the controls to buttons and front touch screen and leaving the back touchscreen completely input free?
4) With the game purposely making less enemies on screen, does the game feel too easy and if it does. What difficulty settings does the game include?
5) Being brutally honest, is the framerate good, bad or only just tolerable?

1) Yep, and there is an option for motion control only when aiming down the sight. Haven't used it myself, but I've heard it works well.

2) AFAIK it functions the same way as the other versions, you can set your game to Friends only, Invite only, Public, or Offline. It should also be noted they had to restrict online play to only 2 people at the same time, since more than that created some sort of issues with the connection/game speeds.

3) You can't completely isolate the rear touchpad. My suggestion, though, would be to map crouching and sprint to the rear touchpad, since you only need to tap to toggle both.

4) I had no idea there were less enemies, since whenever you killed something the body would instantly disappear and another would take it's place. So no, not really any lower difficulty.

5) For me, the framerate is fine during gameplay and tolerable when using menus. My biggest complaint is the loading time between levels, but it's understandable since Borderlands 2 is a huge game with huge maps. Loading times can take anywhere between 15-45 seconds, depending on the size of the area.

Otherwise, this is a fairly nice port for a seventh gen console game to a handheld console.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Sigh a ton of website pushed the eu release to may 30, gamestop did promised my preorder for may 22 though so if they have the physical copy in stock that day I will persuade them to give it to me that day!

Leykis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about picking this up. Does anyone know if it will run ok on firmware 3.01 or does it force you to update?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo is is worth getting for the vita? I have only seen a hand full of reviews and the reviewers pretty much say the game is garbage. Is that true or are they just overreacting?

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo is is worth getting for the vita? I have only seen a hand full of reviews and the reviewers pretty much say the game is garbage. Is that true or are they just overreacting?
Great game if you want a portable Borderlands game. Not perfect though.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

From the reviews I've read, the biggest complaints from people are the lack of all available DLCs from other platforms, the limited graphics (fucking duh reviewers :angry:) 2 player co-op limitation, and minor frame drops. If you're a fan of the series or if you haven't played the game, I would say go for it. It's nice port overall, loading times could be better and the forced use of the rear touchpad is meh for me, but it's not some horror fest no one should ever touch.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
You know it's bad when (black on ps2) guns are way more realistic than this. The port is okay, but not acceptable in any way possible.
I heard one of the upcoming patches will fix a bug that cause some gun texture to not fully load or something like that.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It's out in Europe since yesterday, and not too expensive, so I thought I might give it a shot. Somehow I've never got to playing a Borderlands game, so it's my first time trying a game of the franchise.

Why, it's not that bad. Graphics have obviously got a hit, but well, it's the Vita, not your PS3 or PC. The framerate is not that bad, the controls are crisp (except for the goddamn rear panel every developer tries to utilize one way or another even when it's toally not needed) and gameplay seems totally on par with all those good FPSes I have tried.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1