Hacking Bootmii recovery error: dump is for different wii.

bob1786060912

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a patriot 2gb sd card. have an old wii that has a boot2 bootmii. I don't want to brick my wii, so I want to make a backup, but I can't. Is there any way to fix this?

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can't use the dump off of one WII to restore a totally different WII. They dump is specific to the WII which produced it because it incorporates a key specific to each WII.

Your post was pretty confusing tho. Your old WII has a hackable boot 2, which is what boot2 version of bootmii needs. And are you just trying to make a backup and it is telling you it wont? Make sure you don't have a previous dump on the card already and also let the new dump verify.

Thats all I can think of. Your post wasn't straight foward.

I assume your card is functioning correctly because bootmii would not boot up if it did not read its files off your SD card first. Still a good format of the card (copy stuff off first) might help. And if using bootmii v1 it will require a format before a dump anywho...

m00k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol ok second time today.

you can aparently use a backup of a differant wii's nand.

HOWEVER.....

its not easy and you need several things from the original wii, one of those of course is the key.

ITs talked about on the BOOTMII website so go there.

If you ask nicly and you can provide everything they need, they will do it for you for $10.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5