Hacking BootMii on 4.1 as IOS (cant get boot2)

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i finally decided i want to install BootMii even though i dont have a vulneratble boot2 cause i heard i can still make a nand backup but i want to be 100% safe before i do anything. I'm currently on 4.1E, updated via Waninkokos updater, with cIOSRev14 and Preloader installed. I also have cIOSCORP on. Is it safe for me to install BootMii as IOS or am i screwed?

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think you won't be able too installed at all, because you have cIOSCORP. It wouldn't brick you though. I believe you have to replace IOS36 with the original one, install BootMii, put ciOSCORP's version back.

When installing as IOS you are only able too do a nand backup using a GameCube controller.
It won't help you very much though, yet. You cannot restore it, even when booting up HBC via Preloader.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can safely install Bootmii as an IOS and do a NAND backup.

But using that NAND backup to restore is dangerous with BootMii installed as an IOS.
If NAND.bin is corrupted or the power goes out while restoring, you'll have bricked Wii.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the replies guys, i'll give it ago, doesnt seem like its dangerous to install (if it installs a all) so its worth a shot.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
piratesmack said:
You can safely install Bootmii as an IOS and do a NAND backup.

But using that NAND backup to restore is dangerous with BootMii installed as an IOS.
If NAND.bin is corrupted or the power goes out while restoring, you'll have bricked Wii.
Actually, you can't even restore it through BootMii. RestoreMii refuses to commence with the restore unless you have BootMii installed as boot2.

What you can do, however, is to burn that dump to your NAND circuit with a hardware writer if you fuck up. Any writer capable of the task would probably do, but the cheapest one to use is probably an Infectus chip with Bushing's amoxiflash.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-