BootMii on 4.1 as IOS (cant get boot2)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by misticknight, Jul 28, 2009.

Jul 28, 2009
  1. misticknight
    OP

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Hi, i finally decided i want to install BootMii even though i dont have a vulneratble boot2 cause i heard i can still make a nand backup but i want to be 100% safe before i do anything. I'm currently on 4.1E, updated via Waninkokos updater, with cIOSRev14 and Preloader installed. I also have cIOSCORP on. Is it safe for me to install BootMii as IOS or am i screwed?

2. WalkerOfTheDay

Member WalkerOfTheDay GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I think you won't be able too installed at all, because you have cIOSCORP. It wouldn't brick you though. I believe you have to replace IOS36 with the original one, install BootMii, put ciOSCORP's version back.

When installing as IOS you are only able too do a nand backup using a GameCube controller.
    It won't help you very much though, yet. You cannot restore it, even when booting up HBC via Preloader.

3. piratesmack

Member piratesmack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You can safely install Bootmii as an IOS and do a NAND backup.

But using that NAND backup to restore is dangerous with BootMii installed as an IOS.
    If NAND.bin is corrupted or the power goes out while restoring, you'll have bricked Wii.

4. misticknight
    OP

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    thanks for the replies guys, i'll give it ago, doesnt seem like its dangerous to install (if it installs a all) so its worth a shot.

5. joda

Member joda GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    Actually, you can't even restore it through BootMii. RestoreMii refuses to commence with the restore unless you have BootMii installed as boot2.

What you can do, however, is to burn that dump to your NAND circuit with a hardware writer if you fuck up. Any writer capable of the task would probably do, but the cheapest one to use is probably an Infectus chip with Bushing's amoxiflash.