Bootmii not loading after HBC 1.08

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by thequass, Sep 14, 2010.

1. thequass
    OP

thequass Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2010
    United States
    So I was running HBC 1.06 forever and kept denying the 1.08 updates because I guess I thought if it's not broken why fix it. Well yesterday I decided to update to 1.08 and now when I boot up I get the normal Bootmii screen and I have it set to boot directly into the HBC but when it's finished with it's 5 or 10 seconds on the bootmii menu it now just goes to a black screen and sits there.

I can however use the bootmii menu to boot into the system menu and access the HBC from there and everything seems to be working fine. I can play games with usbloadergx with no issues it just doesn't boot anymore like it used to and how I would like it to.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. mike333

mike333 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 30, 2010
    Poland
    Did You updated bootmii@boot2, bootmii@IOS, HBC _and_ files on SD card required by bootmii@boot2?

3. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    update bootmii. It is trying to launch the old "JODI" homebrew channel, now the HBC has a new title id, so the old BootMii can't find it.

4. thequass
    OP

thequass Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2010
    United States
    Ok thank you.

I thought that was probably the issue it's just been so long since I've done any of that I'm a bit rusty.

I know I run Hackmii to update Bootmii. Is that done over network or do I need to get a newer version of it from their site (I could be wrong but the site doesn't look like it has anything newer than what I have).

5. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    get the newer version (v0.8) from http://bootmii.org/download

if u already have v0.8, then just run it and use it to reinstall bootmii. This is the same hackmii installer that u used to install the HBC v1.0.8 (but since it sounds like u did an online update, I doubt u have the hackmii installer v0.8 on your SD Card)

6. thequass
    OP

thequass Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2010
    United States
    Yep I didn't have 0.8, just got it but I have to wait a bit to update it I'm leaving for a few hours [​IMG]

Anyhow I imagine I install it like I did the first time and it just overwrites the old install or do I need to uninstall the old one first?

Thanks a bunch for the help!

7. XFlak

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    it overwrites it

but if u want to update your boot2 to v4 (assuming its less than that, which by the sounds of it, it is) you can do so using Dop-Mii. However, be warned that this uninstalls bootmii @ boot2, and u will need to reinstall it again afterwards (I've done it half a dozen times without any problems). The only benefit to having bootmii installed to boot2v4 over a lower version of boot2, is that in the event of an accidental nintendo update, u will NOT lose bootmii @ boot2 (in this case, u could always install it again anyways, but u wouldn't be able to easily access bootmii to restore a nand dump from before the update... at least not without using a disc based exploit to reinstall bootmii first)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice