Bootmii not loading after HBC 1.08

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by thequass, Sep 14, 2010.

Sep 14, 2010
  1. thequass
    OP

Newcomer thequass Newbie

United States
    So I was running HBC 1.06 forever and kept denying the 1.08 updates because I guess I thought if it's not broken why fix it. Well yesterday I decided to update to 1.08 and now when I boot up I get the normal Bootmii screen and I have it set to boot directly into the HBC but when it's finished with it's 5 or 10 seconds on the bootmii menu it now just goes to a black screen and sits there.

I can however use the bootmii menu to boot into the system menu and access the HBC from there and everything seems to be working fine. I can play games with usbloadergx with no issues it just doesn't boot anymore like it used to and how I would like it to.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. mike333

Member mike333 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Poland
    Did You updated bootmii@boot2, bootmii@IOS, HBC _and_ files on SD card required by bootmii@boot2?

3. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    update bootmii. It is trying to launch the old "JODI" homebrew channel, now the HBC has a new title id, so the old BootMii can't find it.

4. thequass
    OP

Newcomer thequass Newbie

United States
    Ok thank you.

I thought that was probably the issue it's just been so long since I've done any of that I'm a bit rusty.

I know I run Hackmii to update Bootmii. Is that done over network or do I need to get a newer version of it from their site (I could be wrong but the site doesn't look like it has anything newer than what I have).

5. XFlak

Canada
    get the newer version (v0.8) from http://bootmii.org/download

if u already have v0.8, then just run it and use it to reinstall bootmii. This is the same hackmii installer that u used to install the HBC v1.0.8 (but since it sounds like u did an online update, I doubt u have the hackmii installer v0.8 on your SD Card)

6. thequass
    OP

Newcomer thequass Newbie

United States
    Yep I didn't have 0.8, just got it but I have to wait a bit to update it I'm leaving for a few hours [​IMG]

Anyhow I imagine I install it like I did the first time and it just overwrites the old install or do I need to uninstall the old one first?

Thanks a bunch for the help!

7. XFlak

Canada
    it overwrites it

but if u want to update your boot2 to v4 (assuming its less than that, which by the sounds of it, it is) you can do so using Dop-Mii. However, be warned that this uninstalls bootmii @ boot2, and u will need to reinstall it again afterwards (I've done it half a dozen times without any problems). The only benefit to having bootmii installed to boot2v4 over a lower version of boot2, is that in the event of an accidental nintendo update, u will NOT lose bootmii @ boot2 (in this case, u could always install it again anyways, but u wouldn't be able to easily access bootmii to restore a nand dump from before the update... at least not without using a disc based exploit to reinstall bootmii first)