Hacking bootmii nand backup failing

LxTrix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am working on a 3.1u wii and after installing the homebrew channel and bootmii i tried to do a nand backup but it keeps failing. Any ideas to fix this? It's not a lu64 so it should work

$uPeRJjS&#0

Trophies
XP
Country
Dan_Aykroyd said:
The size of the backup is 528 MB
It varies..... My back up is 700mb and my friends i 628mb its how much you have installed on your wii.... With the extra megabytes..... Bootmii and preloader is also included in the backup..... and other prgrams installed....

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
$uPeRJjS$kAt3 said:
Dan_Aykroyd said:
The size of the backup is 528 MB
It varies..... My back up is 700mb and my friends i 628mb its how much you have installed on your wii.... With the extra megabytes..... Bootmii and preloader is also included in the backup..... and other prgrams installed....

Im really confused by above poster either everything i have known and been led to believe is a lie or hes poorly mistaken. all my nand backups have been 528 MBS and what really confuses me is how can you back up something that is 528 mbs (THE SIZE OF THE WIIS NAND ) and get out something larger than that like 700 MBS

Thats like saying you backed up your 1 TB HD and you had 1.5 TB of data on it.

$uPeRJjS&#0

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll giv you proof: it was 700mb 2months but its now 540mb which means i am right it varies from people, you were saying that the size of a backup is 528mb but its not always exact.....

Is there even an answer why it varies?

Jman69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$uPeRJjS$kAt3 said:
I'll giv you proof: it was 700mb 2months but its now 540mb which means i am right it varies from people, you were saying that the size of a backup is 528mb but its not always exact.....

It doesn't vary. The size of every Wii NAND memory is 512Mb. There is some additional information included in each bootmii dump which ALWAYS brings the size to 528Mb.

In your screenshot you are forgetting that 1Mb = 1024Kb not 1000kb. Therefore the size of your dump is 540673/1024 = 528Mb. Always
wink.gif

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Jman69 said:
It doesn't vary. The size of every Wii NAND memory is 512Mb. There is some additional information included in each bootmii dump which ALWAYS brings the size to 528Mb.

In your screenshot you are forgetting that 1Mb = 1024Kb not 1000kb. Therefore the size of your dump is 540673/1024 = 528Mb. Always
wink.gif

you're damn right - it can not vary. From where should the additional bits come from? Nirvana ?
If your NAND.BIN isn't exactly 553.649.152 Bytes big, it's defective.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If the backup keeps failing (getting back to the question at hand) try a different SD card, or reformat the card you are using. I had that problem recently, and reformatting fixed it. Apparently there were some errors on the card.

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
Jman69 said:
$uPeRJjS$kAt3 said:

wink.gif

LMAO wow thats just great.

And topic at hand after formatting boot the hack mii installer and re prepare your sd card for BootMii and then try it again

LxTrix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't my wii in the sig its a 3.1u. Bootmii is installed as boot2. After reformatting my 2gb to fat32 i put the files back on the card. Weird thing is it says its going to overwrite existing nand but there wasn't one. Everything went okay no error messages and then when i put the card into my computer these is no nand.bin file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok