BootMii Menu (controlling it)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by fldash, May 27, 2009.

May 27, 2009

BootMii Menu (controlling it) by fldash at 5:14 PM (6,899 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. fldash
    OP

Newcomer fldash Advanced Member

Can you use the classic controller? If not, how do the power/reset/eject buttons navigate through the menu?

2. Innovative1

Member Innovative1 GBAtemp Regular

United States

This is posted all over the place but power cycles and reset selects. Otherwise you need the classic controller that plugs into the gamecube port 1. Also, if installed as an IOS the power and reset does not work so you need the controller.

3. fldash
    OP

You need the classic controller that plugs into the Gamecube port... Is that called the classic controller, or is it just a Gamecube controller. I was under the impression the classic controller plugged into a remote.

And sorry if it's posted 'all over'. I searched for it on these forums and on google and couldn't find it (how the menu was navigated by power/reset/eject).

4. SublimeAndEtc

Member SublimeAndEtc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The GameCube controller works just fine for me.

5. Anorhc

Member Anorhc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You can't control it with a Classic Controller (the one that plugs into the remote). At this point, you'll need to use the buttons on the Wii console or the Gamecube controller in the first port.

6. fldash
    OP

Thanks for the clear answers without the need to troll, degrade, or be an ass. Much appreciated.

I have neither a gamecube or wii classic controller. Was considering purchasing one, but unsure of which to get.

7. supagusti

Member supagusti GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    U'r right ! The classic controller plugs into the wiimote - the gamecube controller is used to control bootmii
    Classic controller and gamecube controller has nothing to do with. [​IMG]

8. D-an-W

Member D-an-W GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I have also noticed if you turn the Wii on via the Power button the GC Controller doesn't work, for it to work I have to turn it on via the Wiimote (Just a FYI)...

9. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Really I have had no problem with using the power button....... btw it is possible to set bootmii to auto boot the system menu after 5 seconds. It's a simple tweak to the config file. either way does anyone know of a way to get it to auto boot the system menu without the delay?

10. SublimeAndEtc

Member SublimeAndEtc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's not possible with the current code.

11. fldash
    OP

If you don't have the SD card in it, it boots to the system menu immediately. At least mine does... or maybe I'm doing something wrong... [​IMG]

12. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yea if you rename the bootmii folder or just take it out it will boot directly too the system menu. There should only be a slightly longer load time than normal, but less time that it takes for the bootmii menu to come up otherwise. If you have one of the sd cards that loads it fast it shouldn't be long at all.

13. pumkinut

Newcomer pumkinut Member

United States
    Bootmii can autoboot the SM by changing the config file. I think what Hells Guardian was asking is can you delay the autobooting to the SM some way. The answer to that is no. With an SD card in the slot, you can either autoboot the SM or Bootmii (I think you can also do the HBC), but there's no way to add a pause, currently.

14. D-an-W

Member D-an-W GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Thanks for that tip, it was the only thing I didn't like about it!

15. pumkinut

Newcomer pumkinut Member

United States
    I retract my statement. Looks like hackmii installer 0.2 came out today and one of the changes for bootmii is: