1. creeperisda

OP creeperisda Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    So, I recently got out my old Wii and decided to softmod it.

I used the Banner Bomb exploit, or whatever it’s called, to install the Homebrew Channel and BootMii as IOS and boot2.

Problem is, that BootMii doesn’t boot up on startup at all.
    The disk drive led also blinks the same with and without the sd card intserted.

I also tried reinstalling BootMii (uninstalling it from hackmii and deleting /BootMii), still nothing.

I can still launch BootMii as iOS from the Homebrew Channel, but I heard people say that this is not as safe as having BootMii installed as boot2.

Is there a known way to fix this issue?

2. Fawe

Fawe Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    The disk drive blinking, means that it can't find your SD card. What kind of SD are you using? It works best with normal SD cards, not SDHC/SDXC. Also, make sure it's correctly formatted to FAT32, with the partitioning table set to MBR. Mark partition as active. Try again. If everything else fails, try some different SD cards. BootMii can be picky when it comes to this.

3. creeperisda

OP creeperisda Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    My card is formatted to FAT32 and uses MBR, it’s an SDHC Card so that might be the problem.

I also tried reformatting it, still nothing.

You said that BootMii can be picky when it comes to what SD card I am using. Is there like a Tool to check my SD card for compatibility? Is there some kind of list?

4. Fawe

Fawe Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    As far as I know, sadly not. You're gonna have to try it out. I'd highly recommend getting a good, standard SD Card.

creeperisda and jeannotte like this.
  5. creeperisda

OP creeperisda Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    May I ask you what kind of SD card you are using for your Wii (if you even have one for your wii)?

6. Fawe

Fawe Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Transcend 2GB is the one I am using.

creeperisda likes this.
  7. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Cyprus
    Sandisk 2gb works for me

Fawe and creeperisda like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - installed, doesn’t, BootMii