BootMii freezes, possibly bricked?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by smrq, Jul 8, 2017.

1. smrq
    OP

smrq Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2017
    United States
    I currently have BootMii installed to nand2, and am able to boot into it. Using power/reset to navigate around the menu works fine. However, attempting to access any feature at all causes either a freeze or other bad behavior:

* Selecting the Wii option goes to a black "No Signal" screen. I should have Priiloader installed and set to auto-forward to USBLoaderGX, but nothing comes up, even when I hold down Reset for a while.
    * Selecting the Homebrew Channel goes to a black "No Signal" screen. I have no idea why HBC wouldn't be working.
    * Selecting the SD Card causes BootMii to freeze (nothing happens, and I can no longer navigate around the menu with Power/Reset)
    * Selecting the gear icon goes into the next menu, but...
    * Selecting the NAND Backup, NAND Restore, or Info options causes BootMii to freeze (nothing happens, and I can no longer navigate around the menu with Power/Reset)

I've tried reformatting my SD Card (a 2GB Sandisk, not SDHC) to both FAT and FAT32, using the ModMii "from scratch" option to set it up again, as well as trying a different SD Card (8GB, unfortunately SDHC though). Same results with both cards.

I have a NAND backup, but it doesn't seem to be any good if I can't get into the NAND restore feature in BootMii.

When this issue came up, the last thing I had done was swap out my RCA video cable for a component video cable, but I can't see how that could possibly be related, unless perhaps this is a weird hardware problem. Otherwise, this setup had been working for at least a few days prior with no software changes on my part.

A bunch of Googling over the past few days hasn't revealed anyone else with this issue. Am I just screwed?