Hacking bootmii as boot2?

pikachu945

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have bootmii installed as ios and I was wondering how do I install it as boot2
I have a black wii on 4.3U and I do I have full brick protection?

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its not possible for you. Only older white wii's can have bootmii as boot2. If you don't have it already you should install priiloader as well.

pikachu945

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ryoku83 said:
Its not possible for you. Only older white wii's can have bootmii as boot2. If you don't have it already you should install priiloader as well.
yup I already got priiloader installed and bootmi as ios
so if a brick were to occur would I have to load HBC through priiloader and then load bootmii?
and restore the nand?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
pikachu945 said:
Ryoku83 said:
so if a brick were to occur would I have to load HBC through priiloader and then load bootmii?
and restore the nand?
You can't safely restore your NAND with bootmii as IOS, but if you are able to access bootmii, then you can fix it through other means. The NAND backup you made can still help you recover from a full brick. You can pay someone to flash it using the backup.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
pikachu945 said:
Ryoku83 said:
and restore the nand?

You can't safely restore your NAND with bootmii as IOS, but if you are able to access bootmii, then you can fix it through other means. The NAND backup you made can still help you recover from a full brick. You can pay someone to flash it using the backup.

You can't safely restore your NAND with bootmii as IOS

but you can restore it from bootmii ios i have done it about 5 times it might not be safe but what is these days?

pikachu945

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so how am I supposed to restore my nand safely on my black wii?
if restoring from bootmii as ios is not safe

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
It IS safe. The thing is there are different ways to brick your Wii. If you brick in such a way that makes it impossible to access BootMii from IOS, then you're screwed. With BootMii on boot2, you can recover from almost any type of brick 99% of the time.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
bowser said:
It IS safe. The thing is there are different ways to brick your Wii. If you brick in such a way that makes it impossible to access BootMii from IOS, then you're screwed. With BootMii on boot2, you can recover from almost any type of brick 99% of the time.
It's not safe compared to restoring via boot2. It's never necessary to restore through bootmii as IOS, since the fact that you can access it means you don't need to resort to a NAND restore.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just don't mess with system menu and system menu IOS and priiloader can save you from any brick you can have.

But assuming you know what you are doing and avoiding to install wads from unknown sources, I think it is almost impossible to you have a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021