Hacking boot9trap will not load no matter what I try (New 3ds xl), I fear I'll block the console in the end

SocNouXatus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi guys, well, I've finally given up and I'm trying to ask you for help, please note that I installed the latest version of everything, 8.1.1 Luma and 1.2 boot9trap and that I have a European New 3ds xl with 9.8.0-25E firmware, everything is still in the sd card and I do have access to the "select" and "start" boots (at first the start boot didn't work and I had to manually install godmode, after which it did work)

I followed the 3ds.guide to the letter and completed the first part, Installed Luma and managed to launch the homebrew launcher and then I installed the boot9trap as indicated in the steps, it installed without problems and I completed everything seemingly right, but then, when I wanted to launch the homebrew launcher again I found I couldnt and instead got an arm 11 "an exception ocurred" message in a black screen (photo attached). I attached the luma dump files too. Then, following the guidelines of the forum, I tried to troubleshot the problem.

I checked that I have the correct files on the sd, which I had

I tried different luma versions, like 8.1 and others, one of them, I believe it was a modified 8.0 version did allowed me to launch the homebrew launcher, but i still couldn't reinstall boot9trap and everytime I exited any app, like snes9x or Doom I got into a red screen freeze)

I tried to download a new starter kit

And then I tried to reinstall the boot9trap and goit another black screen of death, so I can't reinstall any other version

At this point I'm afraid that if I keep experimenting on my own I'll brick it for sure, so I humbly ask for your help guys and girls

Maybe its something super easy that I overlooked (I'm a bloody noob, you already know) but I just can't figure what

Thanks again!!!

Attachments

• phpzmEWFTAM1.jpg
    phpzmEWFTAM1.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 151
  • luma dumps.rar
    331 bytes · Views: 69
  • phpMbP4rSAM.jpg
    phpMbP4rSAM.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 169

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, well, I've finally given up and I'm trying to ask you for help, please note that I installed the latest version of everything, 8.1.1 Luma and 1.2 boot9trap and that I have a European New 3ds xl with 9.8.0-25E firmware, everything is still in the sd card and I do have access to the "select" and "start" boots
boot9strap is already installed then, what exactly are you trying to do?

Luma 8.0+ isn't compatible with *hax payloads (the method of launching homebrew on official firmware), you need to use Rosalina to launch it. See also: https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup
Section III - Launching FBI
  1. Launch the Download Play application
  2. Press (L) + (Down) + (Select) at the same time to open the Rosalina menu
  3. Select “Miscellaneous options”
  4. Select “Switch the hb. title to the current app.”
  5. Press (B) to continue
  6. Press (B) to return to the Rosalina main menu
  7. Press (B) to exit the Rosalina menu
  8. Press (Home), then close Download Play
  9. Launch the Download Play application
  10. Your device should load the Homebrew Launcher

Reactions: SocNouXatus

SocNouXatus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Mmmm...Ok, tomorrow I'm going to my uni and return my title, I just can't be THIS STUPID. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Thank you though, everything is working fine now, I'0m such a fucking noob. Btw, it is possible to start my 3ds without the sd card? I jsut use godmode and transfer it to the sysnand???

Last edited by SocNouXatus,
Reactions: Khim09

Khim09

Trophies
XP
Country
Mmmm...Ok, tomorrow I'm going to my uni and return my title, I just can't be THIS STUPID. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Thank you though, everything is working fine now, I'0m such a fucking noob. Btw, it is possible to start my 3ds without the sd card? I jsut use godmode and transfer it to the sysnand???
Yes it is. :)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

SocNouXatus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh, and is there any way for rosalinda to remember to keep the "download play" app as the hb opener app after a reboot or I have to set it up every time?

Khim09

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, and is there any way for rosalinda to remember to keep the "download play" app as the hb opener app after a reboot or I have to set it up every time?
Yes, just save settings on rosalina after you replace hb before exiting.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's an option to save the setting, but it defaults to the Homebrew Launcher CIA which 3ds.guide has you install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1