who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Well, was on teh bay recently and found out that the older Wii systems had different packaging then the newer ones, what I mean is 2007 and till middle 2008 Wiis should be Boot2 Wiis as we know, can one say this for sure by the packaging of the system if its a Boot2 Wii or not?

Anyone knows?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no real way to tell by the packaging or serial number if the Wii has a vulnerable boot1 or not. You just have to find the oldest console you can.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, well the auction text says bought on 28.04.2008 but that doesnt mean it was produced in 2008? What I gonna find out is I heard somewhere here that till middle 2008 Wiis had the vulnerable Boot1...

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
I bought a like new Wii bought in december 2007, played about 70 hours, very nice. Costed 250 Euros, comes with 6 games too.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
LU63 and under is a safe bet that it's hackable.

Any Wii is hackable, serial numbers are terrible indications of anything, since they don't even say whether or not it is a boot2v4 Wii with any certainty much less whether or not it has a vulnerable boot1.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
wolffangalchemist said:
LU63 and under is a safe bet that it's hackable.

Any Wii is hackable, serial numbers are terrible indications of anything, since they don't even say whether or not it is a boot2v4 Wii with any certainty much less whether or not it has a vulnerable boot1.
been out the wii scene for a while thanks for the refresher course, but i was refuting to a hackable boot2 as in bootmii will install to it.
LU64 and up for the most part lack this feature my LU 57 has hackable boot2 or vulnerable what ever you want to call it.

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While serial numbers have been said to not be a good indicator of whether a Wii has a vulnerable boot, I was under the impression that at least the LU10 ones were early Wiis regardless. Don't know how true that is. Does anyone have a LU10 that was bought after mid to late 2007?

And there might yet be a correlation somewhere that we just haven't figured out.

Is it not unreasonable to half way assume that even if LU50s were made before LU30s that the serial numbers still do go in order within the 30 range or the 50 range and even if people claim that some LU36s are compatible and some aren't that it's because LU36005 is compatible while LU36893 isn't? (fake serial numbers by the way, I don't even know off the top of my head how many numbers they have)

Maybe a certain range is while another range isn't. I think it's hard to know and maybe not worth the effort.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Well, I always thought that Nintendo sticked the serials in order on their systems but obviously they put them in some random order on the systems...

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe there is more order than what it seems like.
Maybe there is no order but if there is, it could explain why one LU34 is compatible while one isn't.
Why there are compatible LU57s and incompatible LU38s.

But it takes effort and right now people are pretty content to say that there is no correlation and to just find an old one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show