Hacking Boot into Atmosphere without jig?

D

Deleted User

you simple must connect 2 pins to do that you can do everything (aluminum foil)

Augar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Attachments

• FGFQB07HX7P7I3J.LARGE.jpg
    FGFQB07HX7P7I3J.LARGE.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 269
Reactions: Lacius

Augar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Tobberoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can't do CFW without injecting a payload. You can't inject a payload without RCM. You can't get to RCM without a jig or autorcm, and you can't enable autorcm without injecting a payload.

Summarily, no, you will always need a jig, at least first time.

Waze0613

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can't do CFW without injecting a payload. You can't inject a payload without RCM. You can't get to RCM without a jig or autorcm, and you can't enable autorcm without injecting a payload.

Summarily, no, you will always need a jig, at least first time.
Not true. It is possible to get into RCM with Pegsaswitch only if you own a 1.0.0 Switch.

MyconMama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
-Take a piece of wire a few inches long (16gauge worked for me)
-Strip housing off the ends, exposing about 1/4" on each
-Twist one end so it's fine and pointy; gently slide that end into the right joycon slot on the switch, in the bottom right corner (pin 10)
-Leave the other end frayed and loose, and stuff it just into the opening of the fan port on top of the switch, so wire touches fins (ground).
-Hold Vol Up and Power, and you should end up in RCM (black screen) mode.
-Plug into PC or insert injector dongle, and inject payload of choice.

Works much more reliably for me than putting aluminum foil on the bottom of the joycon's connector, bending a paperclip into an arcane shape, or any other nonsense.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read a long time ago that AutoRCM messes up the battery and drains it much faster... Is that still an issue? :)
AutoRCM has and never will drain the battery. Misinformed and irresponsible users drain the battery. To be more specific, leaving the console in RCM drains the battery. This happens when people improperly shut down the console with AutoRCM. Turning it off from Horizon (e.g. CFW/OFW) causes it to reboot into RCM which drains the battery at a rate of about 5% per hour. To properly turn off a console with AutoRCM, you have to do so from RCM, not Horizon.

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I read a long time ago that AutoRCM messes up the battery and drains it much faster... Is that still an issue? :)

Yes it is messy, today after i not know if it was sleep mode problem with draining it, or that console stays on rcm and discharged, then console booted via hekate and applyed drain fix from menu and booted to cfw by injecting payload, but even then after 100% charge console still not boot, booted back to hekate and disabled rcm for test purposes and console boot ok, i do not really sugest to use this... probably will mod controller since it was my 1 day with autorcm. I thinked that as someone sugested turn off console by hold power button till console lcd turns black isn't that bad solution... But this kind of problems that I faced today, must be fixed with pc... or maybe smartfone - as far I know any injectors not work, tested mine sx pro and nothing.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Has there been any progress on this "warm boot" I keep hearing about? I have a 2.3.0 Switch that's been gathering dust since January (speaking of which, holy shit... almost a year now!). There was talk that 1.0.0 and 2.x consoles will get emuNAND first. I guess it never happened? So "OS SX" has emuNAND. Ok then.

Last edited by DSpider,

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Has there been any progress on this "warm boot" I keep hearing about? I have a 2.3.0 Switch that's been gathering dust since January (speaking of which, holy shit... almost a year now!). There was talk that 1.0.0 and 2.x consoles will get emuNAND first. I guess it never happened?
who knows....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: