Books!

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by silent sniper, Jun 11, 2008.

1. silent sniper
    OP

silent sniper !dennaB

Jan 3, 2008
    Canada
    Vancouver, Canada
    Reading is good for you (lulz). What are you into and what do you read? I'm into fantasy, I've read the first sword of truth novel (I think the same book could've been accomplished in 300 less pages, not reading the other ones), reading LOTR (and the hobbit) for the second time now, and when i'm done i'ma start the silmarillion (harder to read than the others) and am also reading the first Wheel of Time novel.
    also planning on reading a lot of batman comics [​IMG]

2. Gian

Gian GBAtemp Regular

Mar 6, 2008
    United States
    The beach.
    I gotta read Frankenstein for school.
    Which is pretty awesome, imo.

3. Leamonde.Halcyon

Leamonde.Halcyon 6x9=42

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    6x9=42
    I've been tackling the Legend of Drizzt series but I took a break and I'm on the first book of the War of the Spider Queen series.
    I need to get back to working my way through the Xanth series and the Apprentice Adept series too....

4. podunk1269

podunk1269 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 26, 2007
    United States
    West ByGod , USA
    Scfi, cyberpunk, horror and law.

And ANYTHING by Orson Scott Card

5. miruki

miruki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 23, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Awesometown
    I just finished O.R. Melling's Chronicles of Faerie: The Hunter's Moon, but it wasn't that great, it started off lame, got more addicting then but failed at the end... uh well, next thing on my list are Tiger Eye and Shadow Touch by Marjorie M. Liu. And I absolutely need to finish Holly Black's Modern Faerie Tales Series with Ironside.

I'm a sucker for modern Fantasy Romance.

6. Commander

Commander GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2007
    The Illiad by Homer (Not the cartoon character.)
    Sharp Teeth by Toby Barlow

Both amazing books and well worth a read.

~ Commander

7. Retinal_FAILURE

Retinal_FAILURE GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    I started Neuromancer, I like The Firm, Odysseus, Brave New World, Where the Red Fern Grows, about a tenth way through IT by Stephen King, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Lost World, Farrenheit 451, Welcome to the Monkey House, Rising Sun by Michael Chriton. Badger Claw, The Hatchet , Lord of the Flies, old Nintendo Power magazines! Lol

8. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    I pretty much exclusively read manga, but i guess I read light novels too. For what people consider an "actual" book I've been trying to read Romance of the Three Kingsoms but I always end up putting it down.

9. rileysrjay

rileysrjay GBAtemp's official vinsclone speedster!

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    Dang, almost a nine year necrobump.