Hacking Boktai 1 RTC patch?

Jabodie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a ROM of Boktai 1 that works and is patched with a RTC and solar sensor patch.

However, there's an intro attached to it I find rather obnoxious and would rather just patch a clean ROM myself.

It's easy enough to find the solar sensor patch, but I can't seem to find a RTC patch for Boktai (which is odd, I would have figured it would show up in a solar sensor patch thread).

Anybody know where I can find one? Or if they can help me remove the intro?

Reactions: Margen67

Jabodie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you good sir!

For everybody reading, the command/patch worked like a charm. Solar Sensor patch (L + left/right) along with an RTC fix (with the ability to fast forward/rewind clock via L+R + up/down) are implemented, and the patch apparently does away with other RTC that some other patches don't deal with.

For some reason, I couldn't get Prof. 9's Solar Sensor patch to work on my EZ Flash IV, but this one works if you use a hard reset. If you use one of the popular roms with an intro, you do not have to hard reset into the game for it to start. I've tested the game a bit, beating the first vampire, and everything works fine, including saving.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem. The EZ4 patcher has a few problems with some altered games for mysterious reasons but luckily adding more hacks, as you did, can fix them sometimes.

Jabodie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I'd give this a little update since the Solar Sensor Patch Kit was updated in case anybody is looking for answers about this as well.

First of all, the Solar Sensor Patch I used can be found here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/boktai-solar-sensor-patch-kit.245127/

It's a simple IPS patch, and there's even an IPS patcher in the solar sensor patch kit.

And the RTC patch is found here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/boktai-solar-sensor-is-broken-patch.316110/

Download the latest hexalter, and, like cracker said, put Boktai.gba into the hexalter folder, right click the folder, open in command window, and paste the command given in the thread.

Do it in either order. As of right now, it doesn't matter.

However, the strange thing is when you try to apply both the (R&A + left/right) solar sensor patch with the RTC patch, the solar sensor patch reverts to (L + left/right) instead of being R&A. It's unlikely this will ever be dealt with (as I imagine it would be pretty difficult to actually know why this happens), so as of now you have to choose: play with the RTC patch, or avoid throwing a grenade every time you want to change solar intensity.

Personally, I'm sticking with the RTC patch.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However, the strange thing is when you try to apply both the (R&A + left/right) solar sensor patch with the RTC patch, the solar sensor patch reverts to (L + left/right) instead of being R&A. It's unlikely this will ever be dealt with (as I imagine it would be pretty difficult to actually know why this happens), so as of now you have to choose: play with the RTC patch, or avoid throwing a grenade every time you want to change solar intensity.

Did I hear a challenge?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1