Gaming Bob's New Stand

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The thing that I keep seeing is "OMG FIVE YEARS" and all. Seriously? Five years and this is all the better it is? I've seen better games slopped together in a month.

All the effort in the world goes to waste if you make a product that no one wants. It doesn't matter how high a pedestal you put the game you made. If it's something that no one else honestly wants to play, then what good is it? Effort alone does not a good game make.

Hell, Nintendo. Why don't you give this guy the SDK? Let him make his game. Spend tons of money on publishing the game. And it bombs. Humble pie be served.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got respect for the guy, but I'm not interested in his game at all to be honest. I think he's being immature.. but you never know, you always need to throw yourself out there in order to get something done as well. I'm not a support/hater. But, I wish him luck.

freakazaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
GameSoul said:
What type of bedroom door locks from the outside. :S

a prison bedroom?
ph34r.gif

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xCuteBunnyx said:
This acutally may have been a smart move now that I think about it. Since locking himself in his room screams "childish, tatrum, stupid" but that will just get Bob more publicity. See how some people tell their friends about this? And then they find out who Bob and what Bob's game is. The news may spread and he may actually get his game published. This is an unique way to say or act upon things; therefore it will get him publicity.

This is exactly what he's doing. One of the best ways to generate publicity and awareness is to threaten something or someone; look at 9/11.

QUOTE(iPikachu @ Dec 17 2008, 06:39 PM) but the publicity might be the wrong type, if you know what i mean.

No publicity is bad publicity, iPik.

I myself am looking forward to the game, whenever it comes out, and I'm actually going to purchase it. /shockhorror

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have mixed views on this subject.
Normally, if a homebrew developer came to nintendo and asked for a license or whatever it was, they would turn it down because it most likely isn't worth their time. But this game isn't just a homebrew game. It's a full game that somebody spent multiple years of his life making.

On the other hand, he needs to be more professional about this. Nintendo doesn't give a shit about a guy locked in his basement. He needs to act like an adult, and talk to Nintendo like an adult.

dipper145

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I find some of the replies here disgusting.

You do realize this guy has a mental disorder right?

Nah, making fun of him is the cool thing to do! Yahh!!

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dipper145 said:
I find some of the replies here disgusting.

You do realize this guy has a mental disorder right?

Nah, making fun of him is the cool thing to do! Yahh!!
Shut up. If it's true, and he does have a mental disorder, he should have enough common sense to approach this like a normal person, since he was able to develop a whole game himself.
And if you're lying you're just being a dumbass.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
biggrin.gif
I don't really care for his health, or everyone calling him a freak. But seriously. Did you guys watch the trailers? It looks really good!
wink.gif
GO BOB!

EDIT: Is anyone else wondering why he has a piano keyboard next to him?

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Bob is going overboard a little.. Solitary confinement.. Geez.. And just because he wants it to be a proper game.. I do feel for him and I reckon it should be published but I dont think this is the way to go about it.. Nintendo wont care if he dies locked in his room..

Gluupor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hehe Moo said:
biggrin.gif
I don't really care for his health, or everyone calling him a freak. But seriously. Did you guys watch the trailers? It looks really good!
wink.gif
GO BOB!

i watched the trailers ... and ... if its true what hes saying "he has done it all by himself"...
he earns much respect and he TOTALLY deserves to be released ...

if locking urself in a basement is the right way to do it ... dunno... maybe it is if companies like the big N wont hear u on normal ways (mail, phone whatsoever)

QUOTE(Hehe Moo @ Dec 19 2008, 03:30 AM) EDIT: Is anyone else wondering why he has a piano keyboard next to him?

i guess he has the piano keyboard for making the ingame music and souinds and stuff

wbr

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he's just doing this so more people will talk about his game, and stroke his e-penis. It's pretty clear he thinks very highly of himself, and wants to convince others of his opinion. Continue...

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
the page isnt loading.... cant see trailer!

QUOTE said:
I don't really know what else to do!
I'm beginning to think someone at Nintendo is insanely jealous they didn't think of it first and
wants to keep me from releasing "bob's game!" I've got my eye on that "Reggie" guy, he's suspicious for sure!
I heard that guy beats people up and writes down their names or something.. I'm onto you, Reggie!
staying in solitary confinement like a little kid is bad for your health, it may send you to maniac depression (i made that term myself, lol)

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even though he did spend five years on this game, I don't think that locking himself up will get him anywhere. Seriously, Nintendo owes him NOTHING. Props to making a game by yourself, Bob, but I mean come on. Do you think that Nintendo actually OWES you the Nitro SDK? Just because you can complete a game by yourself?

Honestly, I find that as a big throw in the face of gaming companies. I mean it took him five years to make a puzzle game. Why do you think they have companies? A large business could have tossed out "Bob's Game" in a fifth of that time. So, Bob's outlook on game making kind of offends me.

So, props for making the game, but honestly...I'm waiting to see him just walk out of the room and give in to the powers above him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Anyone played that game?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Only one I played was the DBZ trading card game game on the GBA
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sparking zero is looking pretty good but not $70 good
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    okay
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    isn't sparking zero supposed to be accurate to their canon power too?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    meaning unlike dbfz a weaker character like nappa wouldn't stand a chance against someone stronger like broly
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    aaalllright then, i guess i should hit the hay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People are complaining about flying in it I'm like wut that's half of what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprise surprise, @HiradeGirl is back today
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright @SylverReZ you win, lets go double or nothing.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    good morning
    +2
  • O @ Olqase93:
    Hi, I need help whit my r4 r4itt new please
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    🛌 Shhhhhhh
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    homebrew your DSi and forgo the flashcard with NDS bootstrap or something along those lines
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    it allows utilisation of the SD card for ROM storage
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Get a 3DS and do the same 🥰
    Nah. Just get a 3rd [3000 series] gen PSP.
    +2
    I like PSP on my Pi lol
    Gameboy Advanced SP emulator or GASP for short lol
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Finally got an appointment with an ENT, but it's not for another month. It's already been 4- days of loud ringing in my left ear, substantial pain on left side of my neck and left side on the back of my head. Doctors here at the regular clinic put me on a couple different meds for a month that did absolutely nothing, then they told me there's nothing more they can do for me despite being in pain and my ear sounding like im underwater and ringing.
    Then three chiropractor appointments which also didn't help at all so i didn't go to the 4th. Been trying to get ahold of this ENT clinic out of town for a week and finally got an appointment set up. But its not til the 17th of July so I have to suffer all this shit for nearly another month.
    I hope relief from all of this is on the way because I've felt so defeated and severaly lacking in sleep because of the pain and ringing.
    :sad::sad::sad: for RCS
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :sad::sad::sad: for RCS