Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beware said:
chao1212 said:
shadow1w2 said:
Bob needs to learn something about the gaming market.

When you have a game, even partialy done.
You do what every other homebrew game developer does when they want to sell their game.

Keep working on it, and look for a publisher.

I mean they publish crap like "Hello Kitty uses the litter box" for crying out loud.
So even if his game is the worst ever it could probably get published.

Though publishers do like a finished game ofcourse.

All he is doing is making himself look less and less credible.

Seeking attention and Nintendo of all people to publish his game.
You don't call Nintendo, they call you. If they would ever consider calling the evil homebrew scene developers in the first place.
Remember, homebrew is a scary world to them.

Still, other pulishers tend to be rather generous and even kind sometimes.
Its tough ya, but its worth the effort.
Send demos out and get calling if you want it that bad.

Also I played the demo.
Didn't make much sense to me.
It was a taste of a simple RPG like interface without much to do to tell us what it was about anyway.
I'm not quite sure if its an RPG game or just some town simulator you play to talk to everyone and um, continue talking.

Was a solid enough engine though, I'll give him that.

Hes just going about getting his game publish all the wrong way.

Plenty of small companies that might be willing to publish a game like this. I dunno why Bob thinks Nintendo is the only choice.

He's not asking them to publish it, or give him an sdk. He's asking them to buy the nitro sdk for thousands of dollars. He has stated that, if he needs to, he will rent an office building to make up for rules mentioned. Most people assume he's a nut because of the nintendo world store thing. It was fake. Get over it. If you spent five years making a game with zero programming experience, from the ground up, you would probably want it to be noticed/released, too. One person was dumb enough to think he changed the game's story line to fit the "outbursts" he had. Coders here will know that is totally ridiculous. If you had followed it, it would have made much, much more sense. Nintendo is a pitiful excuse for a company, with service that is less helpful than the instruction booklets. The contact us thing tells you to call them, the people you call tell you to check the error code database, and the database tells you to email them. Helpful, isn't it? Not really. Nintendo has completely quit making sure games are good and aren't stuff like: My little pony, hannah montana the movie, and Imagine: Babysitter. I hate it.

Sorry for the rant.
nyanya.gif

Wow. That post was so loaded with ignorance I don't know where to begin.

For the record, every single Nintendo (first party) game is at least marginally fun, that other shit is the result of shitty third party developers. One of the biggest issues with this stuff is Nintendo can't deny these huge companies dev kits. Companies like EA and Ubisoft, no matter how much crap they shovel onto the Wii, have a lot of really big hits and will continue to create these huge hits.

Bob is NOT a company, and Nintendo knows this. It doesn't matter if he rents an office building, he's just some poor excuse for a programmer that developed the entire game in his basement. These rules have been rules Nintendo has followed for 15+ years, they aren't going to make an exception for Bob (especially not with the quality of the game based on the demo). Also, Bob IS asking Nintendo to publish the game, he has stated so several times. He said he had been contacted by 12 different publishers (which I find very hard to believe), but it was made to be a Nintendo game and he had every intention of it being a Nintendo game or not being published at all. He may have changed his outlook on that since then, but based on everything he has said he IS asking Nintendo to publish it and will not be releasing it commercially (on the DS) unless they do.

Nintendo is a multi-billion dollar corporation and Bob has said some pretty nasty things about them (even if they were "jokes"). Nintendo isn't going to publish (or even license) a game from some shitty programmer in his basement spreading lies and slander about them. If they were to license or publish Bob's Game it would send a message to independent "developers" everywhere that anybody could get their shitty mediocre games published without following any normal procedure, having any experience, having a proper operating quarters, or even having a good game. It would also, basically, condone homebrew and piracy (since they are one in the same to large game companies). Everything that happens (or doesn't happen) with Bob's Game is Bob's fault and now he has to deal with it. He needs to grow up and shut the fuck up about it.

And beyond any of that, what the fuck does their customer service have to do with anything? How many times have you seen stories about how Nintendo has replaced hardware and software that was stolen or lost in some disaster and other such things??? No company on the planet would do anything remotely like that in this time, yet you say they are a horrid company with terrible service. Just because they won't license a game created by someone who has done all the stupid shit Bob has? I don't know what your issue is with Nintendo or what kind of displaced anger you have, but you clearly have no clue how a business is run.

Their customer service is an example of how they don't help the major audience (non-homebrewers). They have made people pay twice the amount for a bricked wii that used mods. Not even just for homebrew and not piracy. If you take a look at the release list for the ds you'll see how sad it is. EA's good games are made from pretty much trial and error. Bob has been pretty flexible besides the viral ad. Bob buying an office building would make him meet developer licensing standards.

From the warioworld division:

Developer Qualifications: An Authorized Developer will have demonstrated the ability to develop and program excellent software for Nintendo video game systems or for other game platforms. In addition, an Authorized Developer will have a stable business organization with secure office facilities separate from a personal residence ( Home offices do not meet this requirement ), sufficient resources to insure the security of Nintendo confidential information and in order to ensure an effective environment for working with Nintendo and/or its Publishers. Nintendo provides Authorized Developers with highly confidential information and many of Nintendo's Publishers also rely on recommendations and referrals to Authorized Developers. For these reasons, Nintendo exercises a very high level of care in evaluating Authorized Developers.

He has done nothing to nullify his application. It says nowhere that previous games can not be developed for the ds/wii and that they could not have used homebrew librarys to make a game. He has started an organization and has rented out an office building with the necessary equipment. It also does not state that games must be developed by one person only.

Further more, you have called me ignorant however I have done my research and have observed the decline in quality for software for Nintendo's consoles. I have also followed Mr. Pelloni's website since the first week to the release of the demo to today still.

Anyone who took bob's comments on nintendo during the viral advertisement seriously is an idiot. Did you think he put things in bold without thinking about them? When one is angry they do not think about using annoying html to show it. His blog is written in entirely in html, as shown by the source, which contains no signs of using php or other such code. He called them gantendo... You really think that he was serious then? Nintendo has (obviously falsely) claimed that they made wiiware and dsiware to "encourage" potential garage developers. How much wiiware isn't made by a larger organization? Not very much of it, last I checked.

If you ever actually talked to bob through email or pm, you would see that he's actually a very reasonable guy. Also, the demo, in my opinion, was better than 70-80% of the crap out there made by people who got paid.

You also called him "some shitty programmer in his basement spreading lies and slander about them". This describes quite a few homebrew devs. And were the fuck did the lies and slander come from? It's a fucking viral advertisement.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, we all know it was a stupid viral ad, but to a huge corporation, these "jokes" are not simply jokes. They don't have to put up with this stupid bullshit from some random guy.

As far his being declined, he doesn't have a proper business quarters, he is willing to rent an office, but he doesn't have a proper place of business. And even if that DOESN'T nullify his candidacy, nothing stated Nintendo has to approve his request.

I too have followed the website for a very long time (I've always spoken against his idiocy, but you have to know what you are talking about when you are going to criticize something). How long you have followed it is irrelevant to any point I made.

And I still stand by my comments that his game demo is awful.

There are quite a few homebrew devs out there who do all sorts of stupid bullshit (similar to Bob's ad, but for real) and I would be making this exact argument against them if they were demanding a dev kit and license from Nintendo.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beware said:
Yes, we all know it was a stupid viral ad, but to a huge corporation, these "jokes" are not simply jokes. They don't have to put up with this stupid bullshit from some random guy.

As far his being declined, he doesn't have a proper business quarters, he is willing to rent an office, but he doesn't have a proper place of business. And even if that DOESN'T nullify his candidacy, nothing stated Nintendo has to approve his request.

I too have followed the website for a very long time (I've always spoken against his idiocy, but you have to know what you are talking about when you are going to criticize something). How long you have followed it is irrelevant to any point I made.

And I still stand by my comments that his game demo is awful.

There are quite a few homebrew devs out there who do all sorts of stupid bullshit (similar to Bob's ad, but for real) and I would be making this exact argument against them if they were demanding a dev kit and license from Nintendo.

The demo is probably the only thing like that, he started from scratch, it is the first thing he ever coded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E