Blue gateway card incompatibility? (Not working.)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by placebooooo, Feb 12, 2014.

1. placebooooo
    OP

placebooooo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    Hello. I just received my dsi in the mail and I wanted to try my blue gateway 3ds flashcart on it but it doesnt seem to show up in the dsi. No matter how many times I re-insert the cartridge, it just doesnt show up. The blue gateway card works fine on my ds lite and works fine also on my 3ds. Is the card incompatible with dsi or something? By the way I am running firmware 1.4.4and I have also tired to insert regular ds games into the dsi and they work fine.

P.s: Can I update my firmware and still be able to use the gateway flashcart on my dsi? (if it works in the first place.)

Thanks everyone!

2. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    That's misterious. Maybe it's a contact issue? What does it show/ when does it freeze?

3. placebooooo
    OP

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    Nothing shows up at all. It's really weird. I've taken it out about 30 times already. I put the game in, turn it on, and the game slot is empty (i can still navigate the menu.) I'm trying to get an answer as quick as I could because If it doesn't work, I would like to return the item back to its ebay owner.

4. Technicmaster0

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Yep, looks like a contact issue. Could you try to look into the menu while you insert the card into the DSi? Could you press the part you can touch down when you insert the card?

5. placebooooo
    OP

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    Sign* Still nothing. I tried different games which showed up fine. I also tried another r4 cart I have and it showed up somewhat. But the blue gateway card is nothing at all. not even show up for an instant than go. I even tried holding the game down all the way and nothing showed up. If this is a contact issue, how come other games are working fine? I have no idea how i am going to explain this to the ebay seller for returns lol

6. alexenochs

alexenochs GBAtemp Fan

Aug 30, 2010
    United States
    is it the xl model or just a regular dsi?

7. placebooooo
    OP

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    It's a regular dsi. It's ok guys. I am about to return the dsi and am hoping to get a dsi xl. The blue gateway card will be compatible with the DSI XL on the LATEST firmware right? And I appreciate your concerns everyone.

8. Technicmaster0

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    At least my blue GW card works with my DSi on the latest firmware. But there were many different flashcards used for GW.