Homebrew Blowing off some steam

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I updated just like any other bloke would. HOWEVER, The damn update deleted my Hacked,Translated and Unlicensed Roms. Now I gotta Find them again. I think for SNES9xGX,VBA and such I should just do it manually instead of automatically if the update is going to annihilate my roms! Pisses me off though >:(

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We feel your sorrow; we really do. Things like this have happened to me before but not to your extent.

Just realize that you are actually lucky that this is your worst nightmare. You could be living in a country like Lybia, Yemen or Haiti where this would be so trivial.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would think it might be more of a problem with your SD card then the emu, I know I've had some issues on the DS in that regard. Format solved all the issues. For the Wii, I've been using all of the GX stuff for years without issue ever. Great work Tantric:)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
StupidGamer1 said:
So I updated just like any other bloke would.
Just to be clear: you ARE talking about updating fceux, right? Updating your firmware is an entirely different matter, and not emulator-related (though it might influence it).

Second: as Tantric mentions: the emulator simply doesn't remove files. At best the configuration got screwed somehow. Are you sure you're looking for your stuff in the right folder?

Finally...it's a bit of a long shot, but IIRC, the latest versions of Tantric's emulators use IOS58. Perhaps try (re)installing this one?

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then explain why my subfolders in fceugx are missing. Plus My SD card is fine. I never had a functionality problem with it at all. All my other apps worked fine and I updated the other emulators manually and all J2E and hacks are present. However I downloaded FCEUGX through the app (tells when updates are available) and my Translated roms are now gone. It's sad but can't do nothing about it now. As for the lybia,Yemen and whatever comment I was reading. I don't care about them, their problems are just that. THEIR PROBLEMS. I was just blowing off steam because I was highly ticked off by my roms were gone. I'll just have to repatch my J2E famicom roms again.

EDIT: The files are there but FCEUGX update didn't read them. I installed the app manually on the SD and it reads them now.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
StupidGamer1 said:
As for the lybia,Yemen and whatever comment I was reading. I don't care about them, their problems are just that. THEIR PROBLEMS.

Then your problem is your problem, prick. Don't ask for help if you feel that way.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bazamuffin said:
StupidGamer1 said:
As for the lybia,Yemen and whatever comment I was reading. I don't care about them, their problems are just that. THEIR PROBLEMS.

Then your problem is your problem, prick. Don't ask for help if you feel that way.

agreed, but the isseu should be noted on the google page.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hielkenator said:
bazamuffin said:
StupidGamer1 said:

Totally, but that comment was uncalled for

B

Bladeforce

yes dir listing is very slow going back to older versions. maybe a short testing phase before committing to a release?

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladeforce said:
yes dir listing is very slow going back to older versions. maybe a short testing phase before committing to a release?

I noticed that too. Takes a LONG time before all the roms appear in the dir list. Wonder why that is?

StupidGamer1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
StupidGamer1 said:

Yeah because well Video Game related issues are so much the same as World related issues that I am deemed a prick for my opinion on something that NOTHING TO DO WITH MY PROBLEM. I'm sure there is an offtopic part of this forum. If you want to feel sorry for people and express your problems with those countries. Go there. This is a forum for WII and HOMEBREW related issues not "3 Lybians die after grenade goes off". GTFO.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hielkenator said:
bazamuffin said:
StupidGamer1 said:

I totall agree with you!

fceugc, new issue:

Template: Defect report from user
Summary: please fix the Gaddafi bug!
Priority: high

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. have a group of rebels overthrow the king of Libya
2. put the leader (Gadaffi) in charge of the country for over 42 years
3. ask him about his stance and actions on opposing forces.

What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
Expected: a restoration of the monarchy after the initial military coup.
Outcome: a dictatorship fueled by Western arms but heavily protested by local civilians.

Does this issue occur on FCE Ultra for Windows?
Considering this bug is consistent for a longer lifespan than even the original NES, it is safe to say that it occurs on all versions.

What version are you using? On GameCube or Wii?
3.2.4 for wii. It has to be noted that this bug occurs independant of which version you run. In fact, the Libyan situation even happens if the console is turned off (haven't tested with the wii on standby).

Are you using the official build (from the downloads page or auto-update)?
I tried both. Unfortunate enough for the Lebanese people...this doesn't change the outcome.

Please provide any additional information below.
There may need to be external intervention to properly debug this issue, as it may not be fceugc-related (there have been reports of it appearing in snesgx and vbagx as well).

wink.gif

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad you got it sorted dude. But everyone needs to remember all these developers do so in their spare time and have never asked for a penny/cent. Of course you're free to donate, but that's optional. It bothers me when people moan about a dev not doing a certain thing or making a mistake. People don't have to use their apps.

A wise man once said, "data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about"

B

Bladeforce

another wise man also said "check anything before you give away for you may regret what you lose"
or even "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing