Homebrew Homebrew app Bloopair: Connect Controllers from other Consoles natively

meeeow

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just for the record: I have two 3rd party wiimotes from two different companies. One of these wiimotes is not able to pair with the wii u when the Wii U booted with tiramisu/bloopair. When the Wii U boots without an inserted sd card, i.e. without tiramisu/bloopair, the wiimote syncs and gets detected when booting with sd card inserted again.

netsurf012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I found few issue with vWii.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Loaded in to vWii homebrew and turn on synced Xbox One S controller => console shutdown after a minute.
2. Or load Genesis Plus GX in vWii homebrew and turn on synced Xbox One S controller, press sync on controller and console => console shutdown immediately.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it really an Xbox one or series s/x controller?
iirc, there was an update for the xbox one controller that makes it not work, so you have to downgrade it. I think the latter update and series controllers use a later bluetooth protocol that the wiiu is incapable of.

netsurf012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Yes, the latest firmware for Xbox One (s) controller is 5.13.3143.0 (from my one s controller). This version added / switched to Bluetooth BLE, it is not supported and will not work with Wii U.
You need to revert to previous firmware version: 3.1.1221.0

Here is a quick guide to do:
1. Install Xbox Accessories application from Microsoft Store: https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/xbox-accessories/9NBLGGH30XJ3?hl=en-us&gl=US
2. Plug your controller to your computer with USB cable, make sure it is detected by the Xbox Accessories application.
3. Press Win + R to open Run dialog, paste this into the Open input box: xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true then press enter to run.
4. Follow the instruction to revert firmware to previous version.

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
iirc, there was an update for the xbox one controller that makes it not work, so you have to downgrade it. I think the latter update and series controllers use a later bluetooth protocol that the wiiu is incapable of.
I kind of suspected this. And yes. my Xbox One controller has an updated firmware.

BattlingNebula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey, I'm trying to connect my Dualshock 4 to my WiiU as a Pro controller using Bloopair but it always detects it as a Wiimote instead. Can someone please help me understand what's going on? I tried going to settings and forgetting all Wiimote connections and retried syncing multiple times. Results are the same. The WiiU is an NTSC-J console and i am using Tiramisu latest version on latest 5.5.6 Firmware.

Reactions: TonyNESgri

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, I'm trying to connect my Dualshock 4 to my WiiU as a Pro controller using Bloopair but it always detects it as a Wiimote instead. Can someone please help me understand what's going on? I tried going to settings and forgetting all Wiimote connections and retried syncing multiple times. Results are the same. The WiiU is an NTSC-J console and i am using Tiramisu latest version on latest 5.5.6 Firmware.
If you're talking about the icon in the home button menu, that's expected. Even official pro controllers have a wiimote icon there.

Reactions: TonyNESgri

GerBrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a way to Switch the A/B and X/Y Button layout?
I’m useing a Xbox One Controller and the standard button layout confuses me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is PM:TTYD
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think I played that one
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (i.e. Nintendos' next first party switch title/remake)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meh, I want metroid 4
    I have a refurbished hard drive like 8TBs just use it for movies and music so if it blows up nothing I can't replace lol
    +1
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    I mean almost every first party switch title of the past year or two leaked at least a week in advance for a while now haven't they?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not all of them, but yea many.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Metroid prime 4 I wouldn't be surprised if that title will be a SwitchU title (here's hoping Nintendo won't go with such a ridiculous name again)
    +1
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Hence me saying almost 🤣
    But for photos and OS and my ROMs not risking it on a refurbished drive lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you checked both the brew and 2u sites?
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    But yes I would welcome MP4 too or even 2+3 remaster/HD to hold us over untill MP4
    +1
    Switch 2 Switched at birth
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    I check brew almost daily (alongside tinfoil sorted on release date) for new games (and cry because of the amount of shovelware and hentai getting released), am unaware of the 2u site
    Super Switch
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    HUB
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    And the switch 3 Router
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (every one of those fitting after network-, and all play part in the OSI networking layer model)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Google switch nsp and you will see,it, that site
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Aww how cool that site is Nintendo switch to me :D
    +1
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (de-URLing the URL 🤣)
    Switch 2 U
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (or do we call them URIs now?)
  • Quincy @ Quincy: