Homebrew Homebrew app Bloopair: Connect Controllers from other Consoles natively

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh ok but what then when im inside retroarch? controller doesnt function lol
What controller are you using with bloopair?
You can first setup your bloopair'd controller as player 2 in Retroarch first (with wiiugamepad connected) then before you boot Retroarch next time you can disconnect wiiugamepad (as suggested in my other post) then your configured bloopair'd gamepad should be seen as the 1 player.
I use a Switch Pro Controller with bloopair/retroarch and that is seen as player 1, as long as the wiiugamepad isnt connected when booting retroarch.

I hear whispers that the wiiugamepad's TV button can be mapped to something else, @gary can the TV button be mapped to a call to turn off the wiiugamepad and be used with tiramisu?

Gamesmaster_OG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What controller are you using with bloopair?
You can first setup your bloopair'd controller as player 2 in Retroarch first (with wiiugamepad connected) then before you boot Retroarch next time you can disconnect wiiugamepad (as suggested in my other post) then your configured bloopair'd gamepad should be seen as the 1 player.
I use a Switch Pro Controller with bloopair/retroarch and that is seen as player 1, as long as the wiiugamepad isnt connected when booting retroarch.

I hear whispers that the wiiugamepad's TV button can be mapped to something else, @gary can the TV button be mapped to a call to turn off the wiiugamepad and be used with tiramisu?
Im using switch pro controller

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You say setup my controller as player 2, please explain how to do this? as i have no clue how and wont unless you explain lol
In Retroarch, goto settings/input/port 2 controls, make sure your device is your controller, then map your controller
(you may need to use the wiiugamepad to select each bind but use the switch controller to press each button)
Once you've mapped each button of you switch controller, back out to the main menu and quit retroarch.
Reload retroarch (with wiuugamepad disconnected) and see if you switch pro controller is recognised :)

FireSide_01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get my Switch Pro Controller to sync no matter how many times I try. I can get a regular Wii Remote to sync, and I checked to make sure Bloopair is running, but my controller just never syncs. Any advice?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't get my Switch Pro Controller to sync no matter how many times I try. I can get a regular Wii Remote to sync, and I checked to make sure Bloopair is running, but my controller just never syncs. Any advice?
I dont know, I would ask if it's an official controller but my fake switch controller syncs fine too :P
Are you pressing and holding the little button on the top of the switch pro controller until the lights begin to flash?

dWfCKrgKuYr5exs7Kj5H7.jpg

FireSide_01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know, I would ask if it's an official controller but my fake switch controller syncs fine too :P
Are you pressing and holding the little button on the top of the switch pro controller until the lights begin to flash?

View attachment 316269
Update: I decided to reupload the files to my SD card, and it suddenly works, despite being literally the exact same files.

Reactions: ploggy

amm0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, when launching the homebrew menu, I only have "bloopair DS pairing menu," not the actual application. I've made sure I had the correct files on there many times, and still nothing but the DS pairing menu. Anyone have advice on how to get the actual application to appear?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there, when launching the homebrew menu, I only have "bloopair DS pairing menu," not the actual application. I've made sure I had the correct files on there many times, and still nothing but the DS pairing menu. Anyone have advice on how to get the actual application to appear?
Bloopair is now a "module" which is autobooted with tiramisu.

Neonn

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I have Bloopair and tiramisu, but i have trouble connecting Switch Joycons, any help? :( (i don't really have other controllers to test Bloopair with)

Neevko

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Super dumb question, it's about the automatic pairing, see, I use my Wii U for youtube daily pretty much, sometimes while playing on my switch, if the controller pairs automatically, does that mean my Switch Pro Controller will pair to my Wii U instead of my Switch?

Basically, can I use a controller on it's original console while it's already paired to Bloopair?

Sorry if it's worded weirdly or if it's obvious, this seems like a really useful tool but since I only have one controller that I'd like to use in both consoles, I wanna make sure there won't be any issues

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super dumb question, it's about the automatic pairing, see, I use my Wii U for youtube daily pretty much, sometimes while playing on my switch, if the controller pairs automatically, does that mean my Switch Pro Controller will pair to my Wii U instead of my Switch?

Basically, can I use a controller on it's original console while it's already paired to Bloopair?

Sorry if it's worded weirdly or if it's obvious, this seems like a really useful tool but since I only have one controller that I'd like to use in both consoles, I wanna make sure there won't be any issues
no, one pairing.

Neevko

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
no, one pairing.
Yeah that's what I was expecting, but my original question remains

If I turn my Wii U on, and then turn my Switch on, will the controller be paired to the Wii U, or the Switch?

Sorry for such confusing questions, having Youtube on my Wii U while I play other stuff is very convenient for me, even if it's a bit weird

Neevko

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Alright, thanks for answering so quickly!

Guess the best solution would be to turn off autoboot so I can control when I want to use my Pro Controller on the Wii U

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?