Bloodstained celebrates over 1 million copies sold, gets free Boss Revenge and Chroma Wheel DLC

mF2JjH9 (1).png

Koji Igarashi's Castlevania-themed Kickstarter game Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night has just reached a milestone: 1 million copies sold. To celebrate, 505 Games has announced that the game will be getting some new free DLC this month, along with showing their roadmap for updates planned for release throughout the rest of the year. On June 23, Bloodstained will be getting two free updates in the form of a "Boss Revenge Mode" and "Chroma Wheel", with the former being the Kickstarter's final stretch goal, letting players to choose to play as a boss character in order to fight against the protagonists, while the Chroma Wheel adds more colors and customization options for the main character's appearance. The update won't be available until later in July, for Switch owners.

In addition to this, a Chaos Mode will serve as a boss rush mode, where randomized drops will appear to let you improvise equipment sets to take on progressively more challenging bosses. It'll support either local or online coop against another player, too. A VS Mode update is planned for Q3 2020, where two players fight against each other in a survival match, while a Classic Mode will see you play "80s-style", fighting sub-bosses while trying to complete five different stages.

Lastly, a third playable character is being teased as the final update for 2020. Their identity is a mystery for now, but whoever it is, it won't be Dominique, according to the development team.

Q2 2020

Boss Revenge Mode

Take control of one of four in-game bosses and use them to battle the heroes of Bloodstained!

Chroma Wheel

The salon is back in business with more options than ever for character customization, including hair, clothing, and skin color. Switch up your look with a true color selector and eliminating pre-set options previously available.

Boss Revenge and Chroma Wheel will launch on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on Tuesday, June 23rd, and Nintendo Switch in July

Q3 2020

VS Mode (Local/Online)

A tense survival mode where players compete by indirectly attacking each another.

Chaos Mode (Local/Online)

A specialized boss rush for 1 or 2 players. The mode includes randomized drops and special sub goals that will grant more equipment when completed. Collect the best, drop the rest as you build power to defeat all the bosses!

Classic Mode

It’s Bloodstained 80s-style as Miriam faces off against a series of sub-bosses laid out across five harrowing stages and three difficulty levels.

Q4 2020

Playable Character

Bloodstained’s 3rd playable character after Miriam and Zangetsu.

(It’s not Dominique)

:arrow: Source

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still looks like trash on the switch when the switch version sold the best and the hardware is up to snuff.
Switch ports are an afterthought in this world unfortunately :(
Hell Switch had more than adequate hardware for running BOTW at 60fps but since nintendo were lazy asses they just decided to keep it at 30 because it was a wii u port

bluedart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean basically all of that has been fixed at this point......
Just played on Switch version 1.10 earlier for about 15 hours. I got two crashes, it noticeably runs at 2/3 speed in about 1/6 of the rooms, and 1/2 speed in the clocktower. In addition, it crashed on me twice killing about 10 minutes of playtime each time. (I save as often as the game lets me.)

I started a new playthrough on the newest version on the PC and got about 9 hours in. None of those problems occurred, the load times are nearly instant and I can now perceive the input lag of the Switch version after putting enough time into both versions. Good lord. They really didn't fix any of these issues, they've just lowered the severity by about 1/2 since launch. To be fair, I keep trying every update, and each one is slightly less jank.

Anyway more free DLC. Hopefully this is viable and not achieving Shovel Knight levels of "we shouldn't have done that..."

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just played on Switch version 1.10 earlier for about 15 hours. I got two crashes, it noticeably runs at 2/3 speed in about 1/6 of the rooms, and 1/2 speed in the clocktower. In addition, it crashed on me twice killing about 10 minutes of playtime each time. (I save as often as the game lets me.)

I started a new playthrough on the newest version on the PC and got about 9 hours in. None of those problems occurred, the load times are nearly instant and I can now perceive the input lag of the Switch version after putting enough time into both versions. Good lord. They really didn't fix any of these issues, they've just lowered the severity by about 1/2 since launch. To be fair, I keep trying every update, and each one is slightly less jank.

Anyway more free DLC. Hopefully this is viable and not achieving Shovel Knight levels of "we shouldn't have done that..."
I've nearly 100%ed it as Miriam.
It has literally never crashed.
Even when I did absurd shit.
Also, I just found out that they finally fixed the boss rush glitch! Zangetsu finally actually spawns as intended, and now the first boss rush is beatable! Yay!

D

Deleted User

See Konami, this could have been your success. Unfortunately your to fucking stupid to make a game like this anymore.
But isn't it cool to be dicks to your fans? I mean, why sell one good game that will get great reviews, which will result in more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, when you can make a shitty game that nobody will like or buy?

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still didn't finish this game, wonder how many people finished it on the switch? Cause you're the real heroes buying it. :ninja:
Aw, thanks, I thought it just made me a rube.

I ended up rebuying it on PS4, but still haven't got around to playing it or trying the Switch version again since the updates. As far as backlog priorities go, it's high up there though.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw, thanks, I thought it just made me a rube.

I ended up rebuying it on PS4, but still haven't got around to playing it or trying the Switch version again since the updates. As far as backlog priorities go, it's high up there though.
Well right now, any other system is better than the switch for playing that game. Is just that bad. So many people complain about the clocktower stage and crashes. Unreal engine on switch just don't mix. :ph34r:

thewarhammer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've nearly 100%ed it as Miriam.
It has literally never crashed.
Even when I did absurd shit.
Also, I just found out that they finally fixed the boss rush glitch! Zangetsu finally actually spawns as intended, and now the first boss rush is beatable! Yay!

Lucky you. I already 100% the game and it crashed a ton. Gotta say, after the big update, it happened less than before, but still.
As it was said before, the Switch version right now is way better than at launch, but still way behind the other ports. There's no reason to deny it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well right now, any other system is better than the switch for playing that game. Is just that bad. So many people complain about the clocktower stage and crashes. Unreal engine on switch just don't mix. :ph34r:

Being honest, it's enjoyable...if you stay away from the other ports. After the big update, it's "fine" (which is a blessing, comparing with it's previous version).

Guess it isn't the engine's fault, but the team behind the port. After seeing games like Dragon Quest XI and Dragon Ball FighterZ running on the Switch, there's no way Bloodstained couldn't be way better than it is.

Last edited by thewarhammer,

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lucky you. I already 100% the game and it crashed a ton. Gotta say, after the big update, it happened less than before, but still.
As it was said before, the Switch version right now is way better than at launch, but still way behind the other ports. There's no reason to deny it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Being honest, it's enjoyable...if you stay away from the other ports. After the big update, it's "fine" (which is a blessing, comparing with it's previous version).

Guess it isn't the engine's fault, but the team behind the port. After seeing games like Dragon Quest XI and Dragon Ball FighterZ running on the Switch, there's no way Bloodstained couldn't be way better than it is.
I guess, though Bloodstained is arguably more graphically intensive than those
especially considering how hard it is to pull off a distinctive art style like that with 3d models in this way
but yeah- not only does it perform somewhat worse (at this point it's perfectly okay but technically "worse"), but it tends to take a month or more to port over the extra content.
like how does that even happen? you'd think the different versions would essentially just be different resolution versions of the same game (with the Switch version being dialed down visually).

thewarhammer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I guess, though Bloodstained is arguably more graphically intensive than those
especially considering how hard it is to pull off a distinctive art style like that with 3d models in this way
but yeah- not only does it perform somewhat worse (at this point it's perfectly okay but technically "worse"), but it tends to take a month or more to port over the extra content.
like how does that even happen? you'd think the different versions would essentially just be different resolution versions of the same game (with the Switch version being dialed down visually).

It's exactly the opposite, because you can "disguise" technical limitations with art-style direction.

And Bloodstained is a sidescroller. So you have to render WAY less stuff than, let's say, Dragon Quest XI which is almost an open-world game.

TBH, it isn't only the resolution, it also impacts how the game runs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny