1. 1,312

Front-page

May the 4th be with you, as Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order gets some free new content to celebrate the date. Available now are a host of new additions to the game, including bugfixes, accessibility improvements, and additional game modes and challenges. New Journey+ has been added, allowing you to play the game over from the start, while carrying your cosmetic items and lightsaber colors over. Doing so also unlocks meditation training game modes, which are challenges that take place in a battle grid against bosses and enemy waves. A few gameplay mechanics have been tweaked as well, allowing players to skip button-mashing quick time events and offering text-scaling options.

2. Discussion (13 replies)

3. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Addict

Austria
    https://wccftech.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-new-game-plus-challenges/

General

• New Journey + added
      • Unlocked after beating the game
      • All cosmetic unlocks are carried over
      • All lightsaber colours are available from the start
      • Exclusive dark side-themed cosmetics available in NJ+
        • Inquisitor uniform
        • Protection and Defence I & II lightsaber parts
        • Red kyber crystal
    • Meditation Training game modes added as part of NJ+
      • Combat Challenges
        • Wave-based game modes to fight against preset enemies
      • Battle Grid
        • Sandbox-style game mode for players to make their own encounters
      • Cosmetic rewards for BD-1

Accessibility

• Button-mashing quick-time events can now be skipped
    • Needing to hold the Climb button can now be disabled
    • Holding a button to confirm/interact with something can be changed to a button press
    • Text size scaling options have been added

Bug Fixes and Tweaks

• Improved transitions between parry and block animations
    • The Bog Rats on Bogano were sometimes floating. They should now be more grounded.
    • Improved the transitions into and out of jumping and double jumping
    • Fixed the issue where Cal could get stuck in an endless falling loop during air attacks
    • Fixed the issue that would prevent Cal from progressing his journey when a Bounty Hunter would show up
    • Improved overall responsiveness of gameplay and the reliability of actions based on player feedback

uzimakiuchiha likes this.
  4. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Looks good I'm waiting for this to be free on EA Pass along with NFS heat

5. Scarlet

Scarlet Reviewer of Reviews
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    i guess a tl;dr is nice for people who don't want to read..? dont really see much point in repeating the main post myself but you do you lol

anyways, was always interested in this game. definitely gonna pick it up at some point, good to know there's more stuff when i do.

Dodain47 likes this.
  6. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Addict

Austria
    Lol, yeah it really looks like it. Though not intended at first.:wacko:

7. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    Yes do so the combat is very satisfying and if a home cinema system pump the volume up for fantastic star wars sounds

8. Seliph

Seliph Resident Anarcho-Commie

United States
    Now we need a DLC that actually makes the game enjoyable

The soundtrack is really good though.

9. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    Couldn't you cope on the dark souls like combat - mayb youl hav mor fun on easy mode

10. Seliph

Seliph Resident Anarcho-Commie

United States
    I played almost exclusively on the hardest difficulty, it played like a stripped-down Dark Souls with less real consequences for dying. The combat is honestly probably one of the best elements, but it's pretty stagnant. I like the graphical design of some levels like Kashyyk but the caves in Zeffo were absolutely horrible. Puzzles were practically nonexistent, the story was palpable at best. The sound design of the lightsabers is really good, but there's like probably 10 different sound effects for footsteps and it's really jarring hearing the same footsteps on everything. It incorporates elements from lots of games but doesn't really do anything better than those games, and once you get past the game's presentation (graphically it's pretty impressive), there's not really much interesting or unique there.

So the game wasn't too hard for me, it's easier than any Fromsoft game I've ever played. It's just a very middle of the road somewhat competent product designed to appeal to the largest demographic possible and not much else. It's perfectly fine for an hour or two, but it lacks any real substance (kinda like everything else Disney and EA makes). I found it quite boring.

Chary likes this.
  11. bigfatToni

bigfatToni GBAtemp Fan

Italy
  12. nolimits59

nolimits59 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Bought it for that nice 35€ yesterday, i still had 10€ on my steam wallet so that was pretty much a nobrain !

Will finally get to really play it !

I tried it cracked, got bugs on that planet right after the elevetor, game was glitchy AF, polygons going everywhere and getting stretched then crashed, no one actually botherred to update the crack so I didnt bother and decided to wait till I buy it ! :)

13. PROTOBOY

PROTOBOY GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    So if I decide to start new game plus, all my force and health upgrades will be lost??

I just don't follow..

14. vree

vree GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Sadly this doesn't give me enough reason to revisit when I already beaten it on the hardest difficulty and platinumed it.

15. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Addict

Austria

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - challenges, Journey+, Fallen