Gaming Bloodborne & Souls Series Discussions

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is considered the next boss to fight after the Blood Soaked Beast? I've just attempted another boss and got screwed over VERY quick! Not sure what its name was but it was some old woman who transformed into some big hairy beast thing.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
What is considered the next boss to fight after the Blood Soaked Beast? I've just attempted another boss and got screwed over VERY quick! Not sure what its name was but it was some old woman who transformed into some big hairy beast thing.

I fought the Witch of Hemwick after Blood Soaked Beast, sounds like you met Vicar Amelia which i fought after the Witch of hemwick.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP

Vicar Amelia! That fight is not so bad if you stay close and try and stay behind her the whole time. You can also get an item in the area that prevents her from healing.
You could go to the left of the church though and do the forest area to fight the Witch of Hemwick first which is probably the easiest boss in the game.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I would agree that the Witch is probably the next best option, primarily because you get the rune workshop tool from the fight (or rather immediately after). I'm assuming you've picked up at least a handful of runes at this point, and they can certainly be helpful. You do have to beat Vicar Amelia as part of the main story progression though, and honestly, the Witch is a stupidly simple boss that really won't prep you much better for Vicar Amelia except for the extra few levels you may get and the runes.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Vicar Amelia is who you fought, and she's super easy if you have a couple Fire Papers. She gets stunned after a certain amount of damage, so you can just sit in front of her and spam R1 and stun her consistently.

The same can be said for most of the large-sized bosses actually, most of them will get stunned after a lot of R1 spam. Makes running through the game super quick when you're trying different builds. I've got my time down to about 6 hours when I'm ignoring the true ending and only 7 or 8 with the true ending.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll admit I had to summon help for the Witch! I took one down then the second appeared and seemed to heal each other. Before I knew it I was surround by 3 or 4 summons and I'd just end up dying. Had half a dozen goes, couldn't do it so summoned help and it was easy from there!

At nearly 40, I don't have the reflexes I once did! :lol:

I took the Cleric Beast by myself (first try!) but the next 3 I've had to get help on!

Reactions: T-hug

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I'm on ng+ now to level up more but no worries I got a guy to go through them with me taking it in turns. Chalice Dungeons easily the hardest part of any of the Souls games! Some cool bosses. Also I been cooping with people on ng++ when I was still on ng lol

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I was so upset to see the US wasn't getting the Nightmare edition :(

Woah I didn't know that, my commiserations....

I just killed Vicar Amelia, boy she was easily exploited, I kept attacking her ass...*heh*

The only boss that has given me a headache was Father Gascoigne, apart from that Cleric Beast, BSB, Amelia were all beaten on second try. I always spend my first try dodging, learning patterns, weaknesses, and intentionally die after using 2-3 blood vials (don't want to waste them!), then on my second round I plan and proceed. So far it has worked and I've got 99 Vials in Storage too.

Reactions: T-hug

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Guide has been delayed yet again ugh:
Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Future Press "Bloodborne Collectors Edition Strategy Guide"
Estimated arrival date: April 23 2015

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Feck me! started ng+ and omg i gotta be under levelled, the Cleric Beast and Gascoigne fights were marathons.

Interested to know what level anyone here started ng+ on.

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alright, just pre-ordered the collector's edition for €70,- which should come in tomorrow. Tried Dark Souls 1 a little bit when it came out, and didn't really like the first impression (played with m/kb -> tutorial gave controller buttons) and from nearly rage-quittng for the first bos, since I tried for 1 1/2 hours to beat it.

Seems like a fun game, but might need some help from others as I'm mostly pretty bad at these games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah search Google