'Bloodborne' PS1-inspired "demake" set to launch next January

bloodborne psx.JPG

No there is no typo in the title nor is it an off-season April Fools' joke, a Bloodborne demake with aesthetics akin to games for the original PlayStation is set to release next year (unless the developer is pulling a joke on us...). This fan project's developer, Lilith Walther, has been sharing video updates for some time on their YouTube channel and a couple of days ago, aired a new "Release Date Trailer" along with some details:

Some of those details that Lilith Walther highlights is that this demake will cover up to Bloodborne’s second boss fight with Father Gascoigne. But there will also be extended areas and some bonus post game content. The CRT effects can be tuned to your liking or turned off completely. Moreover, even if it is made to look like a PS1 game, Bloodborne Demake was developed in Unreal Engine and will not work on an actual PS1 or emulator; but rather on a PC.

Bloodborne's PSX demake will launch for free on January 31st, 2022. Lilith Walther also mentions that the source code will also be released for free a few months following the launch.

:arrow: SOURCE

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
She's been working on it for over a year now, and featured in numerous articles. She's posted on twitter about every aspect of it, having dev threads daily. If the chance of C&D was coming up, it would've happened before it was in a releasable state.

But that doesn't make it impossible does it? If I'm not mistaken past projects also have been documented, but only got C&D'd after the release or close to it after popularity. I don't see how just because it hasn't been done it yet that it wouldn't be done at all, there can be many reasons as to when it would be done. Perhaps the company just being jackasses and doing it just when it is about to release, or when one stakeholder realizes some sort of risk at any point and demands action.

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh god the polygon warping..... how does one emulate a defect to perfection? lol

i'd love to see more crap like this. it reminds me of this challenge i had with a few friends they all gave up on. was supposed to make a modern NES game, restricted to a NES sized game but with modern touches.... its hard to stay within the scope sometimes

Reactions: Emperor_Norton

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It looks great, but the PSX thing is really unfortunate. Since it's probably way beyond the PS capabilities (rendering distance to say the least) and it's an UE4 game. I would love to see something like this running on the PS hardware, even if cuts have to be made. Of course that's MUCH more difficult than UE4. I guess there are good modern toolchains, but in order to see something like that, you probably want to learn some MIPS assembly as well.

mentalbird

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exactl
The style is cool, but it's not as impressive when it's not being developed to the confines of real hardware. Just by watching the video you can tell it's a PC game, as the texture filtering and wobble effect aren't the same as the PS1, but it is pretty close.
Anybody can make a game intentionally look fugly, but it's cooler when there are set limits for polycounts and CPU cycles with actual reasons for them being there.
exactly! being developed within the confines of the system's limitations is WAY better than just some game with its graphics similar to it. without the need it becomes more of something thats just 'neat' or an novelty of sorts.

Reactions: orangy57

Kaioh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No there is no typo in the title nor is it an off-season April Fools' joke, a Bloodborne demake with aesthetics akin to games for the original PlayStation is set to release next year (unless the developer is pulling a joke on us...). This fan project's developer, Lilith Walther, has been sharing video updates for some time on their YouTube channel and a couple of days ago, aired a new "Release Date Trailer" along with some details:

Some of those details that Lilith Walther highlights is that this demake will cover up to Bloodborne’s second boss fight with Father Gascoigne. But there will also be extended areas and some bonus post game content. The CRT effects can be tuned to your liking or turned off completely. Moreover, even if it is made to look like a PS1 game, Bloodborne Demake was developed in Unreal Engine and will not work on an actual PS1 or emulator; but rather on a PC.

Bloodborne's PSX demake will launch for free on January 31st, 2022. Lilith Walther also mentions that the source code will also be released for free a few months following the launch.

:arrow: SOURCE

I'll never understand why these fan remakes/reimagining, or whatever you feeling like calling them, announce their release dates before they release. It 's like they're begging for a C&D so the public never gets it.....

Reactions: Ottoclav

Ottoclav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why announce it so far ahead? Do they have license to create this game, or is it going to get canned and Sony file a lawsuit at release? It will be exciting to play though, since Bloodborne isn't a game I've played yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma.