1. spectral

spectral GBAtemp Advanced Fan

It's fine, I asked this when I did it too. There is no error because there is no update. The error will occur when/if there is an update and it doesn't find anywhere to put it.

2. Kike

Kike Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Hola amigos, mi pregunta es, si bloqueo las actualizaciones del sistema, ¿bloqueará las actualizaciones del gamepad? Espero sus respuestas, gracias.

3. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    if I understand you correctly, there's a homebrew browser that doesn't need the gamepad. you'll have to search for it. I don't use it. ftpii u everywhere is just a black screen with listening etc. on it. you don't need to use any buttons there, but the home button will take you back to the homebrew browser.

4. Kike

Kike Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Thank you for your answer Godreborn, forgive my English, it is from google translator, but my question is if I block the updates of the wiiu system, the updates of the gamepad also block them? I await your answer, thanks

5. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    the update will be blocked, yes. game updates iirc go in a folder named sys next to content, code, and meta folders (how they appear on the system itself), but wup won't install it I believe, so you should be completely safe if you follow this tutorial.

6. Kike

Kike Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Thank you for your help Godreborn, I will try to do the tutorial to block the updates and I will comment, thanks for your time

godreborn likes this.
  7. MeAndHax

MeAndHax Impolite person with some modding knowledge.

Germany
    whoever thinks there will be another update is lost anyway

piratesephiroth likes this.
  8. ultracamp

ultracamp lol wut
    Newcomer

Laos
    Hmm I get Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

edit: figured it out.

- Completely turn everything off
    - Start the Wii U
    - Hold down B and launch Haxchi by clicking on the icon with your finger (this launches into sysmenu, if b is not your button look at your haxchi config.txt, whichever buton is sysmenu)
    - Launch Homebrew Launcher
    - Launch ftpiiu everywhere (NOTE FTPiiu and FTPiiu everywhere are different applications, everywhere will show you the directory where the regular ftpiiu doesn't show you it

Last edited by ultracamp, Oct 11, 2020
  9. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Laos
    @Madridi

i used this method back in feb 2018 & i have posted back then in this thread,however the hdmi port on my Wii U died so i got replacement one & i want to block the update,i know i need to delete the UPDATE folder but i noticed the Wii U has partially downloaded an update,what should i do ? should i just delete the UPDATE folder ? in system settings it says 5.5.4 which i believe is the latest version ?

10. Madridi

OP Madridi Card Collector

Qatar
    You can do that, sure.

That being said, there is no reason not to be on the latest firmware. You can safely update

satel likes this.
  11. satel

Laos
    ok thanks i will delete the folder,also i have no idea why the Wii U is trying to download a system update when system settings says 5.5.4 isn't this the latest ?

12. Madridi

OP Madridi Card Collector

Qatar
    It is. This can happen sometimes if a file is missing among other reasons, try it anyway. You are fine

satel likes this.
  13. satel

Laos
    i did & there was no update

14. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    that is normal even if there is no update. the system will keep saying update failed if the folder is deleted, blocking by dns, blocking by proxy, etc. sometimes it won't say anything but most of the time you do get that red x. that means it's working.

satel likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (Without, Blocking, Updates