Blizzard's president is stepping down and leaving the company amidst discrimination lawsuit

asdasdasdsda.png

Two weeks ago, the State of California's Department of Fair Employment and Housing filed a lawsuit against Activision Blizzard, pertaining to the company allegedly treating its female employees poorly. Amidst the legal problems and criticisms being aimed at Blizzard, their president, J. Allen Brack will be stepping down from his role after serving 15 years with the company. Taking his place will be Mike Ybarra and Jen Oneal, the former of which used to be the VP of Xbox, while the latter is a woman who led Vicarious Visions, who was acquired by Blizzard earlier this year after being owned by Activision since 2005.

Both leaders are deeply committed to all of our employees; to the work ahead to ensure Blizzard is the safest, most welcoming workplace possible for women, and people of any gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or background; to upholding and reinforcing our values; and to rebuilding your trust. With their many years of industry experience and deep commitment to integrity and inclusivity, Jen and Mike will lead Blizzard with care, compassion, and a dedication to excellence. You’ll hear more from Jen and Mike soon.

:arrow: Source

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, the whole "i messed up at this company, time to step down and go head a different company". Dare we hope things will get better now? Somehow I doubt it. My guess is just more of the same and it's more of a "get out of dodge" and "faked perception something meaningful is happening".

In modern times, we don't need evidence anymore. Guilty undtil proven innocent.
It's not a "he said/she said" kind of scenario. the preponderance of the information is toward the conclusion that, at the very least, some inexcusable behaviour happens as a natural extension of the supported culture. And has done so for quite a long time now without repercussions for those guilty. What have you heard to the contrary?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, the whole "i messed up at this company, time to step down and go head a different company". Dare we hope things will get better now? Somehow I doubt it. My guess is just more of the same and it's more of a "get out of dodge" and "faked perception something meaningful is happening".

It's not a "he said/she said" kind of scenario. the preponderance of the information is toward the conclusion that, at the very least, some inexcusable behaviour happens as a natural extension of the supported culture. And has done so for quite a long time now without repercussions for those guilty. What have you heard to the contrary?
I was thinking the same. He's just going to be given another exec position at some other company, because he's wealthy. He's not going to learn anything if that's the way it's going to continue to be in the world.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure if anything we are hearing has anything to do with him, but I too would leave this company. No matter how you look at it, or who you believe, its a huge mess. Seems right now they are desperately trying to find some people to pin the blame on, where if the allegations are true I think everyone working there is a piece of crap for letting it go on. If its not true, the entire thing is even worse for the effects it could have down the road.

Last edited by kevin corms,

DoctorBagPhD

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
In modern times, we don't need evidence anymore. Guilty undtil proven innocent.

>A lawsuit alleges workplace discrimination
>CEO chooses to resign due to the overwhelming amount of people all corroborating that workplace discrimination took place under their watch

I'm missing the part where it was suggested they were guilty of anything. I swear to god people like you thrive on getting upset over made-up situations. Seeing people get buttmad over a situation they don't even comprehend is genuinely entertaining to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*