Blizzard's Chief Legal Officer and Overwatch executive producer both leave Blizzard

Blizzard_Entertainment_Logo.svg.png

Activision Blizzard continues to lose high level staff in the midst of its workplace discrimination lawsuit. Weeks after its longtime President J. Allen Brack stepped down and it dismissed several other high profile employees, and only days after its CEO was subpoenaed and the SEC got involved, two more important figures are leaving the company: Chief Legal Officer Claire Hart and Overwatch 2 development head Chacko Sonny.

In a post published yesterday on her LinkedIn, Claire Hart announced her departure from Activision Blizzard, and that she will be taking a short break before moving on to her next position. Chacko Sonny's departure was originally reported by Jason Schreier at Bloomberg, reporting that Sonny would be leaving at the end of the week. This was later confirmed to Polygon by a Blizzard representative, who issued a statement saying that “Chacko Sonny is leaving Blizzard to take some time off after 5 years of service" and emphasizing that Overwatch 2's development is continuing smoothly.

Neither Hart's blog post nor the official Blizzard statement referenced the ongoing legal situation at the company.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Imagine with all of the bullshit going on up top, they're bringing up development of a game that nobody is asking about.
People are still asking for content for Overwatch and since we had nothing for a couple years now, yes, we are still waiting for it lol
I guess they just wanted to say it's doing fine because somehow this person nobody heard anything about before is related to it

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I give it until the end of the year before Acti-Blizz becomes defunct or disbanded for such heinous acts.

I doubt that will happen, but I can see a buyout of the company/IP happening by entities such as Microsoft. Doing so will flush all the remaining shit from the overhead corporate end and it will be probably for the best in the long term for the developers. Well, maybe with the exception of some exclusivity stink around it.

People are still asking for content for Overwatch and since we had nothing for a couple years now, yes, we are still waiting for it lol
I guess they just wanted to say it's doing fine because somehow this person nobody heard anything about before is related to it

OW2 is basically going to be in development hell at this point if its not already been in it for some time now since Jeff Kaplan left the company before everything went to shit. In the long term it was probably best for him but telling on how things were really falling apart behind the scenes and he wanted to bounce from the incoming shitstorm of the century that was about to encapsulate the company.

If nothing else, it will make a great episode on What Happened or DoaG.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm seriously worried about overwatch 2's development, As competitive overwatch player, I WON'T preorder this game at D1.

Reactions: Xzi

ikithme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still waiting for Kotick to get canned (or ousted), then MAYBE if there's news about things changing I'll give Blizz some money again, until that time, I can pass on buying/playing D2R and other Acti-Blizz games..

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Imagine with all of the bullshit going on up top, they're bringing up development of a game that nobody is asking about.
It’s kind of shitty and almost dismissive, ngl. It’s also rather cowardly too. Instead of staying and sinking with the ship, they are fleeing and pretending development is still going with smoothly for their games.

Reactions: Xzi

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's okay, we removed the lewd art from Warcraft, changed a name in OW, forgot Starcraft exist. And Lore be dammed, we made the Assassin Asian, and made the Amazon look like a man! We saved Blizzard!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over