Country
United States
...with a playable Mu-12!

503140r.jpg

503910r.jpg

504510r.jpg

505190r.jpg

QUOTE said:
Famitsu's "oops" leak from last week confirmed this week with a full four page spread covering a home console version of BlazBlue Continuum Shift. As expected, the arcade-to-home port of the BlazBlue sequel is coming to PS3 and Xbox 360.

The arcade version of Continuum Shift hit arcades in November of last year, and brought with it new playable characters like Tsubaki Yayoi and Hazama as well as balance and move adjustments for the current cast. Of course, the HD 2D visuals for which the original was known returned for the sequel, which ran on the Taito Type X-2 arcade board.

For the home version, in addition to all the features from the arcade version, Arc System Works is adding a new character, u-12 (myu-12), as well as some original stages. Players will also have access to a Beginners Mode, which simplifies move input, allowing you to perform supers and throws with a single button press.

As listed in the magazine, the mode lineup for the home version includes:

Tutorial
Learn everything from the basics of fighting games through BlazBlue-specific systems. This mode features full voice.
Arcade
Enjoy the story from the arcade version.
Versus
Face off against a friend or the CPU.
Score Attack
Fifteen consecutive rounds of combat to achieve as high a score as possible.
Training
Freely practice your moves.
Challenge
Try out character-specific missions.
Legion
Attempt to defeat enemies on a map.
Story
Enjoy combat and character-specific stories. The game includes over 28 scenarios.
Gallery
A gallery for event movies, BGM, and voices.
Replay Theater
Manage and view network battle replay data.
Network
Enjoy online combat. Compatible with rankings and replay viewing. The game's producer mentioned in a short commentary blurb that the game's network component will be beefed up and made more user friendly.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift is currently 60% complete and is set for Summer release.

Info on Mu-12 (Spoiler Alert)
Mu-12 (?-12-)

Height: 157 cm
Weight: 48 kg
Birthday: January 7
Blood Type: A
Birthplace: The 13th Hierarchical City "Kagutsuchi"
Hobbies: ??
Dislikes: The world
CV: Kanako Kandou

The awakened, true form of Noel Vermilion. Her hatred for the world has increased substantially, making her aggressive towards everything. The name of the huge sword on her back is "Kamigoroshi no Tsurugi Kusanagi" ("Sword of the God-Slayer, Kusanagi").

News Source: Dustloop Forums
News Source: AndriaSang

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So we have Super Street Fighter IV which has about ten new characters, new modes, new game mechanics. And we have BlazBlue CS which has three new characters and some new stages.

Gee I wonder which will win.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
So we have Super Street Fighter IV which has about ten new characters, new modes, new game mechanics. And we have BlazBlue CS which has three new characters and some new stages.

Gee I wonder which will win.
Why do people compare SFIV to this game is beyond me. Comparing a game that only has 2 games to a long running franchise since the 80's which was bound to have more characters and mechanics makes no sense to me.
closedeyes.gif

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
Because in SF4's case it has enough new content to warrant the new price tag and seperate disc. BlazBlue's should be nothing more than DLC.
I kind of disagree with that since BlazBlue does have three new modes (Challenge, Legion, Replay Modes) 3 new characters, 12+ stages, and an all new story mode.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gaisuto said:
Because in SF4's case it has enough new content to warrant the new price tag and seperate disc. BlazBlue's should be nothing more than DLC.
Not exactly. With adding the new characters, they'll need to integrate them with the stories of other characters, which means all the other characters might need to be changed in order to include the new characters. I doubt it would be easy to change that which is already on the disc.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gaisuto said:

Heavy buffs and nerfs that changed the gameplay dramatically for high level players, 3 brand new characters with completely different movesets, every stage is noticably tweaked, the new legion mode, continuation of a story that does a great job (as far as a fighting game goes), new music, and even a better wifi experience than the previous game. And knowing Aksys, they'll have another LE edition run if you pre-order.

I honestly laugh at the fact that many people want it as a DLC.

Lastly, BB was the only game this generation where my money felt well spent. Everything in this gen was fun and all, but none of them gave me the feeling of wanting to return and play it some more. I poured more than 200 hours into BB:CT, and with the limited edition OST (Which has some great songs), I can't complain at all.

EDIT: Oh, and lets not forget. Everything in BB is hand drawn from scratch.

tommyt

Trophies
XP
Country
I really want to play the first one, but the lack of characters I'm not to sure.
What would you lot recommend. Buy it or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1