Homebrew blargSnes -- SNES emulator for the 3DS (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
The thing with such LUTs is that out of the 65536 possible values, only 256 would be used, which is kinda wasteful. Although it might be more cache-efficient, dunno. Would need proper testing eventually.

CIA version is planned if it's not too much of a pain to build.

Yeah, that is the side-effect in this case. I was looking at it with trying to reduce the number of instructions, if cases, etc. Technically speaking, the values grabbed when masking 0x8080 and 0x4040 for the separate pixels is the same, so if adding some right-shifts and reducing the size of the LUT would help..... /shrug

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing with such LUTs is that out of the 65536 possible values, only 256 would be used, which is kinda wasteful. Although it might be more cache-efficient, dunno. Would need proper testing eventually.

CIA version is planned if it's not too much of a pain to build.
So we cant convert the .3ds to .cia using the current conversion methods? I was going to try but I'm still new at this .cia stuff.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for the life of me cannot get this to even appear in the homebrew launcher anyone know the proper installation path
(and yes im using the 3dsx version)

Opoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I for the life of me cannot get this to even appear in the homebrew launcher anyone know the proper installation path
(and yes im using the 3dsx version)

I had the same problem, but then I renamed the folder to blargsnes and deleted the .3ds version (leaving the .3dsx there) and it worked, not sure which of those two was the solution. Unzipped ROMs go in root://snes

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem, but then I renamed the folder to blargsnes and deleted the .3ds version (leaving the .3dsx there) and it worked, not sure which of those two was the solution. Unzipped ROMs go in root://snes

Thats the problem the 1.1 in the folder name
let me try it like that

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Argh, Zelda appears to be really playable (with sound!), except that the maps aren't visible... Exciting sneak peek!
Yeah the dungeon maps work for me, but not the world map. I wonder if it has to do with one of the SNES's modes being broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: https://metalgear.fandom.com/wiki/Metal_Gear +1