blargSNES performance on NH 2.1 / ironhax

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by mashers, Aug 17, 2015.

1. mashers
    OP

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Hi all

Before I tweet @smealum I thought I'd ask here. I've got a 9.9 n3DS which I had NH 2.0 running on. BlargSNES ran almost perfectly. This morning I updated to NH 2.1 by overwriting the boot.3dsx and game_config.txt on my SD card and also copying the ironhax installer to the 3ds folder. I erased my CN save game, installed NH 2.1, booted NH, and ran the ironhax installer. Now when I boot into HB, either through NH 2.1 or ironhax, performance on blargSNES is worse than it was when running under NH 2.0. Everything is slower, sound stutters, and games seem to freeze for a fraction of a second every couple of seconds making everything jumpy. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

TIA!

2. mashers
    OP

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Ok, I think the issue was actually being caused by the ROM I was using. I ripped all my SNES ROMs from carts using a Retrode, and this problem was occurring on my PAL Donkey Kong Country rip. I've just downloaded a USA rip of the same game and blargSNES seems to be playing it just fine under Ironhax :)