Blank Slot 1 cover/insert for 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Kayot, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Kayot
    OP

Kayot GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2010
    United States
    I remember my original 3DS having a blank insert in the slot 1. I can't find it since at the time I had a DSTWO filling the slot and I just tossed it into a random junk box.

I recently got a New3DS. I can put the DSTWO into the empty slot, but I'm worried that it might be draining the power when not in use. If not then I don't need a plug. Otherwise, what is the name of the plug and is it sold anywhere?

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    I honestly have never heard of Nintendo ever making dummy cards apart from the DS Lite slot2 one...

Maybe get a 99 cent shovelware from Game$top and use it as-is or remove the electronics?

3. ThisIsDaAccount

ThisIsDaAccount GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 8, 2016
    United States
    It's not super cheap, but I recommend getting an r4 3ds rts. You can keep it in there without worry of battery drain and use forwarders with it.

MajinCubyan and hippy dave like this.
  4. ongo_gablogian

ongo_gablogian GBAtemp Regular

Mar 26, 2010
    United States
  5. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    This is what I do.

MajinCubyan likes this.
  6. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    well...... 3d printer:)

7. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    piece of duct tape

8. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    haha.
    does it leave sticky residue?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I tried with normal tape before.
    took me 15 mins to clean up the sticky leftover

9. dscdscdsc

dscdscdsc Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2016
    United States
    I just use a gutted DS cartridge of a cheap game.

Sick Wario likes this.
  10. TCJJ

TCJJ GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2009
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    I've seen them on HobbyLink Japan/AmiAmi (PlayAsia probably has them too). They're made by Cyber Gadget. They rarely seem to be in stock though, particularly the black ones (which I've had on backorder for a while because the bottom of my console is black).

http://hlj.com/product/CYB851903

Not sure how good they are but I've found myself knocking the cartridge a couple of times and making the game throw an ejection error at me, so it's something I looked into to prevent that.

For what it's worth, I don't ever remember the original 3DS coming with a cartridge slot filler, so you might be misremembering that. The only one I know of is the DS Lite's Slot-2 cover.

Last edited by TCJJ, Sep 23, 2016
  11. bahamut920

bahamut920 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 23, 2009
    United States
    Just buy a cheap used DS cart from your local Gamestop or whatever. It doesn't matter what it is if you literally just want to fill a slot with it, so the cheapest one (there are games for like $5 near me, others might be even cheaper) would probably be about as expensive (or maybe even cheaper) as finding a blank slot-filler online and paying for shipping.