Hardware Blank Slot 1 cover/insert for 3DS?

Kayot

OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I remember my original 3DS having a blank insert in the slot 1. I can't find it since at the time I had a DSTWO filling the slot and I just tossed it into a random junk box.

I recently got a New3DS. I can put the DSTWO into the empty slot, but I'm worried that it might be draining the power when not in use. If not then I don't need a plug. Otherwise, what is the name of the plug and is it sold anywhere?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I honestly have never heard of Nintendo ever making dummy cards apart from the DS Lite slot2 one...

Maybe get a 99 cent shovelware from Game$top and use it as-is or remove the electronics?

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've seen them on HobbyLink Japan/AmiAmi (PlayAsia probably has them too). They're made by Cyber Gadget. They rarely seem to be in stock though, particularly the black ones (which I've had on backorder for a while because the bottom of my console is black).

http://hlj.com/product/CYB851903

Not sure how good they are but I've found myself knocking the cartridge a couple of times and making the game throw an ejection error at me, so it's something I looked into to prevent that.

For what it's worth, I don't ever remember the original 3DS coming with a cartridge slot filler, so you might be misremembering that. The only one I know of is the DS Lite's Slot-2 cover.

Last edited by TankedThomas,

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just buy a cheap used DS cart from your local Gamestop or whatever. It doesn't matter what it is if you literally just want to fill a slot with it, so the cheapest one (there are games for like $5 near me, others might be even cheaper) would probably be about as expensive (or maybe even cheaper) as finding a blank slot-filler online and paying for shipping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo