Gaming Black wii or White ?

lereb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I would like to suggest what will you buy? Black or white wii ?

Black Wii
The Black Wii has a new game sports resort with the black wii remote controll with motion plus and the black numchuk

White Wii
The White Wii is the classic wii with sports resort with the classic wii remote and the numchuk

When i buy it the firtst thing that i would do is to mod it!

What is the most prefered to buy for this reason (mod) ?

Does the black or the white play all the games without problem ?

Is anything else that i have to check ?

What accessories i should buy ?

Sorry for my english but i greek!

DEagleson

Gamer Extraordinaire
Trophies
Website
raptr.com
XP
Country
Norway
lereb said:
White Wii
The White Wii is the classic wii with sports resort with the classic wii remote and the numchuk
The regular white Nintendo Wii usually includes Wii Sports and not Wii Sports Resort.
Also you need Wii Motion+ and its also not included in the bundle either.

I would take the black Wii because its way cooler compared to the regular white.
Its not that expensive compared to the regular Wii and it includes Wii Sports Resort and Wii Motion+.

But over to your question:
The easiest way to mod your Wii is to softmod it.
Just check out this website here!
I dont know for certain but i think the new black Wii's use "System Menu 4.2" and its a little harder to mod.
But as long as you read the page i linked and stay away from directions posted by n00bs you should be fine.

If you got further questions GBATemp is the place to ask.
smile.gif

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
well considering that the Black one gets you motion-plus and wii sports resorts, i say go with that.
besides, the black one's unique, The white one is cool but most people has that one.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Depends how old the white one on offer is. If it's from older stock it could have a dvd drive that can read backups.
Otherwise I'd just choose the black one because it comes with Wii Sports Resort and Wii Motion+.

lereb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i don't really care about style but functionality and the most easy way to play iso games! is it reality that if i play with external hdd the games stuck after hours of gaming? what accessories should i buy if i buy black wii (i will probably buy this) ?

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ONLY reason i wouldnt pick the black wii, would be for the chance of a vulnerable boot1 in a used wii.
bootmii in boot2 is far more useful then a cool looking wii. besides, there is always case mods.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Even though the black Wii looks alot nicer, if you are planning are using a HDD for playing ISO, i would suggest a black Wii
happy.gif

If you want to use DVDR, i would go for a second hand white Wii.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
hatredg0d said:
the ONLY reason i wouldnt pick the black wii, would be for the chance of a vulnerable boot1 in a used wii.
bootmii in boot2 is far more useful then a cool looking wii. besides, there is always case mods.

Case mods are easier than they look. Just get the right tools and make sure you note what screws have come from where (use an icecube tray for instance). You get to choose your colour, plus you get a nice sense of satisfaction after the job is done. I did a black one with a red DVD gate LED, looks sweet!

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
hughjass said:
western digital 320gig passbook or whatever it's called, tiny, tiny external drives that look really sleek and they come in black

Or you could attempt an internal HDD mod with a 1.8" drive. Seen it done, looks pretty good

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I got bored with the White and did a Camouflage case mod with green DVD gate LED. I'll prob get bored of this eventually and change again, maybe black this time with red DVD gate LED

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work