Hacking black screen on boot up. bricked? help

freeasabird

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So.. I should have signed up here a long long time ago. Esp when I was struggling to get beatles rock band to work. but here it goes:

softmod 3.2u

I just installed cIOSORP v3.4

put in beatles rockband .. wanted to update.. blacked screen

preloader doesnt show up when i turn on the system

is there anything i can do?
still under warranty.. what would happen if i sent it to nintendo? are they going to see the homebrew stuff?

i know i'm probably out of luck but any and all help/advice is much appreciated
thanks for your time

freeasabird

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:
So you had preloader, cIOScorp, and anything??

Did you hold reset to try the preloader menu??

I had the new gamma, homebrew. I had preloader as an application under homebrew. I guess that means it was just reading it off the SD card.

I have tried holding reset while powering on the wii and also after powering it on. Neither seems to do anything.

edit :: preloader used to come on when the system booted , but thats before installing cios
thanks for replying.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
3.2 have you ever updated to 4.0\4.2 then downgraded before sounds like you had a stubed IOS50 installed Beatles RockBand contains a 3.4 update, So it sounds like a full brick to me,
Sill under Warranty you might need to send it to Nintendo wait and see what others say

Good Luck

freeasabird

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackAce83 said:
3.2 have you ever updated to 4.0\4.2 then downgraded before sounds like you had a stubed IOS50 installed Beatles RockBand contains a 3.4 update, So it sounds like a full brick to me,
Sill under Warranty you might need to send it to Nintendo wait and see what others say

Yes I updated to 4.0 via homebrew app. Then went back to 3.2u

Posts merged

QUOTE(illinialex24 @ Oct 5 2009, 04:42 AM) Oh so you never actually installed preloader?? You never ran the Homebrew installer??

I did but that was before I downgraded from 4.0 to 3.2 and ran cioscorp

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok I think you had IOS50 stubbed and so when you updated, it saw a newer version installed and when it went to 3.4U (guessing its the IOS for the system menu), it didn't update over it.

Do you have access to Homebrew?? Did you have bootmii installed?

freeasabird

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:
Ok I think you had IOS50 stubbed and so when you updated, it saw a newer version installed and when it went to 3.4U (guessing its the IOS for the system menu), it didn't update over it.

Do you have access to Homebrew?? Did you have bootmii installed?

When I turn it on. All I see is a black screen. Cant get into homebrew :-/ i had bootmii but that was also before the downgrade and cioscorp3.4 (cioscorp3.4 seemed to clear the preloader out as well)

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok cool, so you installed it as a boot2 replacement cause you will still have it then.

So just make sure you have the proper files on the root of your SD card and I can help you. If you need to get them, I can PM them to you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.