Homebrew Black screen following system update

Lynn:-)

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Old 3dsXL is hard modded and it installed the update this morning and now just has a black screen on it. I'm not sure what to do and if it can be fixed as I stupidly erased my SD card and tried to put the stuff back on when it was working.

I have CFW installed, Arm9hax, luma, tried backup nand but keep getting a blue screen with bootrom 8046 and error code

Any help will be greatly appreciated or have I broke my 3ds :-(

Kyubnyan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Old 3dsXL is hard modded and it installed the update this morning and now just has a black screen on it. I'm not sure what to do and if it can be fixed as I stupidly erased my SD card and tried to put the stuff back on when it was working.

I have CFW installed, Arm9hax, luma, tried backup nand but keep getting a blue screen with bootrom 8046 and error code

Any help will be greatly appreciated or have I broke my 3ds :-(
Which bootrom error code?

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Attachments

• 1488384593055-1142029529.jpg
    1488384593055-1142029529.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 184

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is that when you boot with hardmod or just normal boot?

That's with hard mod. If I try and turn power on I just get both black screens and nothing happens. Cannot turn it back off either unless I keep my finger on power button for a good few seconds

Kyubnyan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's with hard mod. If I try and turn power on I just get both black screens and nothing happens. Cannot turn it back off either unless I keep my finger on power button for a good few seconds
You need a previous nand backup from before you bricked it.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have that but unsure how to do it. I formated the card and put all the stuff back on it that I originally had when it was hard modded but it's still not working.

Is there any guides or anything that will tell me how to do it?

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a noob and didn't realise I had to update as thought it done it itself. Hopefully I can fix it as don't really want to get rid of it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Drakia you are a legend. It is working fine thank you very much for your help. I will remember in future not to update unless I have updated Luma first. Kyubnyan I will keep that guide in case I need it in future :-)

Reactions: Drakia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse