Hacking black screen after using GX usb loader !

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
hi,
i just tried GX loader for the first time,i think it was the IOS222 version of the usb GX loader,i got immediate black screen,i then rebooted the Wii but the problem now when i click on homebrew channel it also gives black screen !! why is this & how can i fix this ? thanks

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
You probably used an old version of gx usb loader which is unstable & have bricked several wiis before .

Anyway hopefully a reinstall of homebrew channel will fix this which can be done using priiloader if you have it or use an exploit to run the installer .

If it works then the problem is fixed & you should now delete the version you used & download the latest or another usb loader .

In case that doesn't it still doesn't open after a reinstall then its something more serious but I will talk about that when it happens .

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
its the latest version 2.3 of the GX usb loader,i have bootmii installed but i forgot how i used it to install the homebrew channel its been years.

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Okay the simplest way to reinstallis is using bannerbomb for 4.2 from here http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/ . Just follow the instructions there & you will be able to reinstall hbc .

If you can't figure it or want to take the chance to update your wii hacks then get modmii from here http://gbatemp.net/topic/207126-modmii-for-windows/ , tell it your wii isn't hacked & follow the instructions it gives you .

In both cases since you already have bootmii it will be safer if you make a backup of your nand first or make sure you still have the backup if you made one before .

Reactions: 1 person

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
i used bootmii to restore old image & it worked but ios needed update so i used pimp my wii to fix & update all that needed to be updated then i started wiiflow loader with 222 ios same game froze then i rebooted now i have a message on screen saying system corrupted,so its back to bootmii & installing the old backup image. how do i update the system files ? is pimp my wii reliable ?

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Modmii can be used to update your ios & hack as I said . As for pimp my wii I never used it but I keep reading about people here suggesting to stay away from it so I am not sure .

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
ok i have just used ModMii for PC & it downloaded over 40 wad cIOS & IOS files do i need to install all these with a wad manager ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: +2