Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello fellow Wii fans,

today I tried to play Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
moogle.gif
on my Wii, and my Wii is able to read it (the game appears in the game channel), but after launching the game, the screen just stays black. I tried to solve this problem in various ways:

-updating my modchip, the wiikey, to 1.9s
-changing the config of the wiikey through the 1.9x config disc
-changing the Wii from 60hz to 50hz
-burning with 2x speed
-updating the Wii to the newest version

I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to ask, but a quick glance on the other subjects here encouraged me to post. Do you have any ideas how to solve this problem? Please ask if you require further information on how I went about starting the game and such.
smile.gif

Best regards, Asspie

P.S.: I forgot to mention that I have a PAL Wii and tried to run the PAL version of the game.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could be some missing IOS files. If this is the case, the game should have asked you to update. Did you brickblock the disc or are you using any other form of update-blocking hacks?

asspie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kedest said:
Could be some missing IOS files. If this is the case, the game should have asked you to update. Did you brickblock the disc or are you using any other form of update-blocking hacks?

Woah, what a quick answer!
yay.gif

I let the game update, afterwards i made a manual update via the Wii options. I did not use brickblocker and got the same copy a friend of mine is using (he got the same modchip as me, and the game works just fine).

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
asspie said:
kedest said:

yay.gif

I let the game update, afterwards i made a manual update via the Wii options. I did not use brickblocker and got the same copy a friend of mine is using (he got the same modchip as me, and the game works just fine).

Then the IOS files should not be the problem.
Do you have the homebrew channel installed and a cios? (before you updated online)
If so, you could try to run the game via Gecko OS.

asspie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kedest said:
asspie said:
kedest said:

yay.gif

Then the IOS files should not be the problem.
Do you have the homebrew channel installed and a cios? (before you updated online)
If so, you could try to run the game via Gecko OS.

No, I don't have neither, because another friend told me that I might not break my Wii by using the Homebrew channel, because my Wii is one of the first released. Is this true or not? I could get an SD card and install the homebrew channel on my Wii if it's not dangerous.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1