Hacking black screen after messing

Jay210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my first post i cant belive what a plonker ive been hope some one can help pls

after softmoding my first wii ever on 4.2e all went cool ..even got mario bros to work on usb stick
so messed about with some wad file think it was ...System Menu-NUS-v450.wad

and now i get a black screen ...pls pls tell me its not broken as its my daughters

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
do u have bootmii as boot2?

what do u mean u messed around with it? Did u uninstall it, or did u reinstall it?

If all u did was reinstall it, and you're getting a black screen... i suspect you also installed a stubbed IOS60. (if you uninstalled it, my comments below still apply).

If you have a stubbed system menu IOS (IOS60 on 4.1), and u don't have priiloader (which you wont if u reinstalled the system menu wad), and you don't have bootmii as boot2... you are bricked, and this can only be solved by getting (or borrowing) an infectus chip to reprogram your nand.

Jay210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks alot for your reply
as i said i get nothing only black screen the disc spins but no menus fw is on 4.2e i do have a back up of nand ....
i need to fix this quick

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
sadly unless u have bootmii as boot2 I think you're bricked.

the second u installed System Menu-NUS-v450.wad, you were no longer on 4.2E, u were on 4.1E. As I said earlier, reinstalling your system menu will uninstall priiloader, that can't help us.

4.2 uses IOS70, and 4.1 uses IOS60... so once u installed System Menu-NUS-v450.wad, your system menu needed IOS60 instead of IOS70... and the most recent version of IOS60 (v6400) was stubbed. This is most likely you're problem, you need to install IOS60 v6174 to fix this and stay on 4.1. Or install System Menu-NUS-v482.wad (4.2E sys menu) to fix this and stay on 4.2.

Now the only problem is getting to wad manager to solve this problem... the only way to do this is if you have bootmii installed as boot2. If you don't, you are bricked, and this can only be solved by getting (or borrowing) an infectus chip to reprogram your nand.

Jay210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i thank you once again for all your input i no now its bricked ....
pls do u no anyone that can unbrick my wii for me ..using the above method infectus chip

Jay210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just i thought but ..ive got my nand backup ..can i take off the nand chip on the wii and just program it with a labprog using 48 pin tsop and my backup nand

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I don't know, I've never done it. I've HEARD that the only fix is to use infectus... I would ask deadlyfoez before trying anything like that. But definitely hold onto your nand and ur keys, that can be used w/ infectus (as opposed to restoring some1 elses nand to your wii using betwiin, which is still less than perfect).

Jay210

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this has bin 1 big learning topic for me
after reading and downloading most of the night trying different things
i got my wii back on YEAH
started off sweating then got head around it ..put bootmii file on sd along with the 4.2 modifiy files and my wii booted up to the main menu ,
but with out the card it hung black screen ,anyway,got it to load and redone the whole wii again from scratch now playing mario bros again off usb stick
thanks for the input and big up for this thread its a life saver
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

spybld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jay210 said:
this has bin 1 big learning topic for me
after reading and downloading most of the night trying different things
i got my wii back on YEAH
started off sweating then got head around it ..put bootmii file on sd along with the 4.2 modifiy files and my wii booted up to the main menu ,
but with out the card it hung black screen ,anyway,got it to load and redone the whole wii again from scratch now playing mario bros again off usb stick
thanks for the input and big up for this thread its a life saver
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

Can you please elaborate? I tried putting the bootmii and modify on the sd card, but since the wii starts with a blank screen only, nothing happens. How did you get the wii to boot off the sd card??

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    BakerMan won't bake cakes for chat. :ninja:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, but we can have uremum's cake
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    My sister makes Cream Cheese Brownies :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should ask for Green leaf brownies
    Space Cakes?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Space Cakes?