Hacking Black screen after installing A9LH

ImCarlosGG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Okay, after following the guide I think something's wrong. All was good. My 3DS booted with my EmuNand content. I formatted the SD to delete the EmuNand partition. Now, with SD it sticks in a black screen, if I press START, Hourglass. If I press SELECT, I have Luma and if I press other button, it just boots like it was on SysNand: no theme, no content, only DSIWare. I have unlinked NANDs, if this had something to do with. What can I do? Reinstalling EmuNAND? Restore backups again?

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Before formatting the SD, did you made a copy of your SD to PC? (You should)

After format, copy back the files/folders to SD and it should be good to go.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When booting, hold select to get to the options screen, and enable "show current NAND in System Settings". Then get to whatever NAND is bootable, and check the version in settings. You might have skipped a step and failed to put emunand on sysnand.

Jocaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

This.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Move-RedNAND
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Move-RedNAND
Step 10:

Backup every file on your SD card to a folder on your computer, all files will be deleted in the next step

Then Step 16 after formatting:

Put your SD card in your computer, then copy all your files back into it

ImCarlosGG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

I made that.

When booting, hold select to get to the options screen, and enable "show current NAND in System Settings". Then get to whatever NAND is bootable, and check the version in settings. You might have skipped a step and failed to put emunand on sysnand.

It shows me Sys 9.2.0-20E. It now boots with the SD, I changed the theme while I was on Sys. But, I don't have my content

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I made a EmuNAND backup, but I thing I made it in a different way. Its name is NAND.bin.

EDIT: It's not giving me the black screen anymore!

Last edited by ImCarlosGG,

Jocaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
At the step 6 of the Move RedNAND part, have you restored the emunand backup or the sysnand backup?

Go to "SysNAND Backup/Restore", then select the "SysNAND Restore (keep a9lh)" option to restore your SysNAND from NAND_emu.bin

ImCarlosGG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
At the step 6 of the Move RedNAND part, have you restored the emunand backup or the sysnand backup?
I have 2 backups:

NANDmin.bin (SysNAND)

NAND.bin (EmuNAND?) I restored this one. Now that I don't have the black screen, I have like 3 possible solutions. I need my games back!

Jocaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, you're the only one who knows how you named your EmuNAND :P try restoring the other one and see if the games appear again.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, nobody can help me? I asked in Twitter, YouTube, Reddit and here. Hope I can solve this.
The only way you can get your games and saves back is if you find an older emunand backup. If you do find one, run this to get any missing icons back. ONLY use the update buttons in that, anything else will result in a loss of some sort of data.

ImCarlosGG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The only way you can get your games and saves back is if you find an older emunand backup. If you do find one, run this to get any missing icons back. ONLY use the update buttons in that, anything else will result in a loss of some sort of data.

Well, guess I have to try. Should I update to 11.0? I dunno if all of this crap has been installed correctly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: