HSG82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be the dongle
Can you clarify? The dongle at the bottom of the switch, or the SXC dongle? I saw the SXC dongle green after i plugged it in after i powered it off the first time but then it didn't light up anymore after that, i don't remember exactly when the green light didn't show at the bottom after the first time. Sorry for my confusion! new to the scene, lol

D

Deleted User

It is extremely unlikely your Switch is damaged. Atleast from what you told us so far.

If nothing else works, try this: Open up your Switch and disconnect then reconnect the battery

HSG82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is extremely unlikely your Switch is damaged. Atleast from what you told us so far.

If nothing else works, try this: Open up your Switch and disconnect then reconnect the battery

Perfect thank you, i'll try that in the morning if nothing happens or it doesn't randomly catch on fire lol. Sounds like it could be a possible fix

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

did you installed AutoRCM?
Yes

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes using the external payload option if i recall
You can try restoring boot0/boot1 and see if that does anything. If that doesn't work, you can risk losing all your save data by restoring the raw eMMC. Lastly, you can go for json's suggestion and play around with the battery.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Can you clarify? The dongle at the bottom of the switch, or the SXC dongle? I saw the SXC dongle green after i plugged it in after i powered it off the first time but then it didn't light up anymore after that, i don't remember exactly when the green light didn't show at the bottom after the first time. Sorry for my confusion! new to the scene, lol

So you're using the TX dongle to send the payload? It could be flat, and that's why it isn't starting your Switch.

D

Deleted User

Perfect thank you, i'll try that in the morning if nothing happens or it doesn't randomly catch on fire lol. Sounds like it could be a possible fix

Yes
theres ur problem, you need to inject a payload in autorcm

HSG82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try restoring boot0/boot1 and see if that does anything. If that doesn't work, you can risk losing all your save data by restoring the raw eMMC. Lastly, you can go for json's suggestion and play around with the battery.

That'd be an option, but it's completely black screen. No "nintendo" or anything when i hit the power button. Unless i can restore with seemingly no power to the switch. other than reading over forums before loading the homebrew and following tutorials, i'm new to the scene. I try to do my research before doing any of this. I'm pretty patient though, so i'll leave it on the other nintendo charger i have for a few hours then try again. if that doesn't work i'll DC the battery. if that doesn't work oh well. I only got SXC so i'd actually play the switch again. lol.

theres ur problem, you need to inject a payload in autorcm
are these intructions anywhere? I just followed the SXC tutorial on their website. was working fine since thursday. Been playing lots of games

HSG82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to inject a payload every time you turn it back on
Yea. I've only shut it down a couple times and just popped the dongle in there every time and it turned right back on. If i recall even without it my switch would turn on and i'd get the "Nintendo" screen. I'm getting nothing now.

you just have to inject a payload after you press power

Yea. Completely black screen unfortunately. I may just try to DC the battery right now. Was sitting for 45 minutes on the charger. Still nothing like it's not getting power.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you did auto RCM then it wouldn't turn on if you weren't using the dongle

And if the dongle is flat then it wont start up

D

Deleted User

if it dies in autorcm then you need a new battery or a way to charge the battery externally

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Auto RCM makes it so you need to send a payload to start it up. If your dongle has gone flat, it isn't going to send the payload to start it up.

Get a USB to C cord and send a payload from a PC

if it dies in autorcm then you need a new battery or a way to charge the battery externally

No

My Switch dies in RCM constantly, you just have to charge it for a long time to get it enough power to boot

You don't need a new battery

HSG82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Auto RCM makes it so you need to send a payload to start it up. If your dongle has gone flat, it isn't going to send the payload to start it up.

No

My Switch dies in RCM constantly, you just have to charge it for a long time to get it enough power to boot

When i plug the dongle into the usb it came with it lights up and is recognized on my computer. that kind of tells me it's not the dongle at this point. How do i send the payload if the switch is in a completely dead state can i do it from the computer thru the dongle to the switch?

When i plug the dongle into the usb it came with it lights up and is recognized on my computer. that kind of tells me it's not the dongle at this point. How do i send the payload if the switch is in a completely dead state can i do it from the computer thru the dongle to the switch?
i put in a support ticket with the SX Pro team. I will see what they say. Appreciate all the help and all of your time. It means a lot.

No

Milenko, my last question to you would be should buy one just to try it? My switch appears to be completely dead. I'm sure those adapters are cheap, is it worth a shot? If not, i can just wait to see what SX team says. I'd also have to do some research on how to send it from my computer.

HSG82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i put in a support ticket with the SX Pro team. I will see what they say. Appreciate all the help and all of your time. It means a lot.

Milenko, my last question to you would be should buy one just to try it? My switch appears to be completely dead. I'm sure those adapters are cheap, is it worth a shot? If not, i can just wait to see what SX team says. I'd also have to do some research on how to send it from my computer.

Okay, so disconnecting the battery on the switch worked! Thank god. booted right up!!!!!! How freaking weird. Thanks guys.

Reactions: totorot0

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha. Maybe it is the dongle then.
Charge your dongle with the micro usb port for 5 seconds, hold power for 12 seconds on switch, press power button, insert dongle.

Nevermind you solved your problem. I'm late to the party I guess.

HSG82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Charge your dongle with the micro usb port for 5 seconds, hold power for 12 seconds on switch, press power button, insert dongle.

Nevermind you solved your problem. I'm late to the party I guess.
lol appreciate your time none the less. time to have some drinks now without a dead switch on my mind.

Reactions: BlastedGuy9905

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1