Black brick

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by trcmag, Jun 4, 2010.

Jun 4, 2010

Black brick by trcmag at 5:43 AM (555 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. trcmag

Newcomer trcmag Member

Dec 30, 2009
    United States
    I have been trying to hack my wii and I think I caused a problem when in bootmii. I installed bootmii and after installing I was on the last screen when I hit the button again by accident and I got a screen which was a window that looked like it was going to back it up again, but it remained white.

I reset the wii and continued hacking the wii I set up the IOS's and installed priiloader. Then I setup the settings in priiloader and tried to go to the system menu when I got a blank screen. I reset the wii and got a blank screen with or without the SD card.

One of the settings I selected was the black screen option. I didn't know what this did but I didn't figure it would give me a totally black screen with no options or menus to select from.

I have been following the directions for hacking the wii for use with an external hard drive that I got from this site.

Is there any way to fix what I did? If not how can I restore the wii? I did make a backup of nand, key, and bootmii folder.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 9, 2009
    BC Canada
    To get to priiloader when you start your wii hold RESET. Then disable all hacks

Then ENABLE:Skip disc update check
    Remove NoCopy Protection

Then goto settings and set

Autoboot : System Menu
    Return to: System Menu