Hacking Bizarre N3DS Gateway transfer situation

archnachoofthepi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys have been brilliant in helping me sort out and sound board unique situations in the past, and I was hoping I could brainstorm with this great community once more.

So, I had a gateway and an old 3ds xl, got a new 3ds xl and that was fully upgraded unfortunately for a while. Well, now I have one on 9.7 and one on 9.0, both N3DS xl's.

I've got a big trip coming up and I'd like to be able to go ahead and use my gateway. Most of my games are digital, so this is problematic. There's a long story involved with my first n3dsxl, but basically I had to lose all my saves due to a hardware malfunction that my system shipped with that Nintendo wouldn't repair.

When I called them to transfer my license, games that I had created a backup save using the Nintendo provided app reloaded their saves just fine, which is super. So, here's my plan:

1) on my 9.7 N3DSXL, I use the app from the eshop to backup my saves.

2) on my 9.0 n3dsxl I use the gateway to create an emunand and then figure out how to update it to 9.5 (any thoughts on that would be super)

3) I call Nintendo and request that they transfer the license to my 9.5 emunand (the tech I spoke to previously was able to transfer to a lower firmware as well)

4) I spoof my 9.5 emunand to think it is 9.7, and then re-download all of my games.

5) Profit!

What do you guys think, solid plan? It's a bit round about, but there's really no telling when gateway is going to release 9.7 emunand support for the n3dsxl, and I'd like to get back to using my gateway :(

archnachoofthepi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT

Oh I see what you're saying; I don't think that would work though because my source system is 9.7 and target emunand is 9.5; it looks like on the list that 9.7 is only spoof compatible for transfer to a 9.6 or 9.7 firmware system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1