bizarre black-screen problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by annubbis, Jul 2, 2010.

Jul 2, 2010
  1. annubbis
    OP

Newcomer annubbis Newbie

Brazil
    I don't know if anyone experienced this before but i tried searching other topics with no result.

When i turn on my wii, bootmii shows up just fine and when it goes to the system menu i can see the warning screen for a sec, hear the ok sound and then BOOM both sound and video are dead, the wii is "working" because the wiimote reacts to the channels as i move it.

2. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Can you use bootmii to launch the HBC?

If so, re-install your SM IOS and then the System Menu, maybe one is corrupt.

You can use NUSD, or Xflaks NUS Downloader, or the Modify Any Wii on this site.

Other option would be to restore from a NAND backup. You did make a NAND backup, did'nt you.

Also, if you restore, you will lose all mods/saves/channels etc. made to the console since the save was taken.

3. annubbis
    OP

Newcomer annubbis Newbie

Brazil
    I can't acess the homebrew chanell, black screen but wiimote respoding. I tried restoring the nand but it diddn't work. It's a hardware related problem, something that's off while bootmii is running may be the cause [​IMG]

4. DunkrWunkah

Member DunkrWunkah GBAtemp's Official Dunkr

United States
    Maybe call Nintendo Customer Support and ask if this is a common/uncommon problem that they usually deal with? Especially if it's hardware related.