Bittboy CFW guide V2 V3 V3.5 (Updated CFW_V3.9_Beta_20190610

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you buy a new bittboy (v3) and want to replace the included OS with CFW v3.6 you need to write it with win32diskimager or similar, not just copy the files to the fat32 partition as the pdf guide shows.

Personally I'd use a new microsd not the included one, mine came with some corrupt/unreadable files.

Well, i own a V2 Bittboy with CFW 3.4. I just want to update to 3.6. Is it Ok to just follow the pdf guide?

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, i own a V2 Bittboy with CFW 3.4. I just want to update to 3.6. Is it Ok to just follow the pdf guide?

Ahh ok sorry. A few people on the discord channel have been recommending people flash the whole image. I dont think you'll get the new gameboy-style boot logo/sound if you just copy files onto the fat32 partition.

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ahh... OK. Will test it today. I'am a little bit lazy :shy: Will do the simple update. Let's see what the results will be. If they are not satisfying, then i guess i'll have to flash the whole image. You'll have to know, it's a real pain for me, i'am still running Windows 7, and if i insert the Bittboys microSD, i can't access the "main"-partition or any important partition. I really have to boot a Linux-DVD as operation-system to get full access to all the 4 (5?) partions of the Bittboys microSD-card - It's a real hassle, i can tell you :rolleyes:

Vitalquelle

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello, i got my new Bittboy today.

It should be the latest Version v3 (Builddate Mach 20th).

I`ve tried to install the newest CFW 3.6, but i only get a Black Screen and the Gameboy Bootsound after 5-10 Seconds.

What have i done:
1.) formattet my SanDisk 32 GB Extreme Micro SD Card with SDFormatter (Fat32)
2.) wrote the unzipped DiscImage with win32discimager to the Card (Writing was successful)
3.) placed the Micro SD into my Bittboy and turned it on
4.) after 5-10 Seconds, ther Comes the Gameboy Sound, but the Screen is black the Whole Time and even afert 5 Minutes there is no booted Screen

Because the CFW 3.6 didn`t work, is tried the same Procedere with CFW 3.4 with the same results the Screen is Black an i do not get any Picture.

The SD Card from the Seller works fine, it has some Version of a CFW on it.

EDIT:
Now it works!
I had the V2 Version insted of the V3 installed....
Now i have another Problem. I don`t know how to put Roms on it.
I only have 3 Files on it: boot (Screen Saver File), suniv-f1c500s-miyoo.dtb (DTB File) and zImage (only file)
There are no Folders to put Roms in it....

Last edited by Vitalquelle,

manobon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is posted somewhere obvious, but is there a guide or list of all in-emulator button-shortcuts? Both in-game and just within the emulator itself?

Specifically, I'm asking regarding MAME4all on a Bittboy V3 - I can't seem to get to a new folder/rom path once I enter the emulator and get to the grey screen that lists the roms from the most recent accessed folder.

That is, say the last folder I entered was roms/MAME/MAME S - U, how can I access MAME A - C when in the MAME4all grey screen/rom selection menu?

3DSDSXL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
V2 bittboy image has been updated to fix the issue with swap partition V2 users please redownload and try it now thanks to Steward for the fix

manobon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is posted somewhere obvious, but is there a guide or list of all in-emulator button-shortcuts? Both in-game and just within the emulator itself?

Specifically, I'm asking regarding MAME4all on a Bittboy V3 - I can't seem to get to a new folder/rom path once I enter the emulator and get to the grey screen that lists the roms from the most recent accessed folder.

That is, say the last folder I entered was roms/MAME/MAME S - U, how can I access MAME A - C when in the MAME4all grey screen/rom selection menu?

These are the screens of where I need help with button shortcuts to explore the rom directory - again, sorry if this is the incorrect place to ask this!

I tried editing the place where it opens for roms by pressing select on the icon (i.e., before the emulator is loaded), but the emulator seems to always go back to the place where it last opened a rom (pressing A for back doesn't go 'back', the only other buttons that seems to do anything are Turbo A and Start, which load the highlighted rom, and R, which exits the emulator).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• PSX_20190509_184544.jpg
    PSX_20190509_184544.jpg
    902.5 KB · Views: 175
  • PSX_20190509_184438.jpg
    PSX_20190509_184438.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 252

TheDukeOfNukem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Installed this successfully (seemingly) to my BittBoy and all I get is a black screen. All the folders seem right, there's a tonne of them and the partitions look set up nicely, but uh, a black screen isn't the most fun thing to play in the world. Any help?

3DSDSXL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Preorder the new bittboy pocket go $35.99 (ships on 15th june 2019)

Buy here <https://retromimi.com/products/pocketgo-retro-gaming-system?aff=5>

Specs:

CPU: Allwinner F1C100S
RAM: 32MB
Screen: 2.4" IPS 320x240
SDCard: supported up to 128GB
Battery: 1000mAh Internal fixed
Dimensions: 12.3cm x5.6cm x 1.4cm
Weight: 100G

New bittboy V3.5 units in stock at retromimi get your orders in while stocks last.
RetroMiMi:BITTBOY,
<https://retromimi.com/products/new-bittboy-8gb-micro-sd-card?aff=5>
Use code 'happy2019' for 20% off bittboy

NEW updated V3.5 latest Bittboy

1. A tempered glass protector for BITTBOY screen.
2. Support vibration on games.
3. The ghost-key problem have been fixed.
Screen:2.5inch ips 320x240

CPU: F1C500S 408Mhz~900MHz
RAM: 32MB DDR2
16MB SPI Flash
Battery: Replaceable
700mAh lithium battery

LDK
You can buy the device here
<https://retromimi.com/products/opendingux-open-source-console?aff=5>

Specs
Screen: 2.6 inch 4:3 240*320
CPU: JZ4760B mips
528mhz-up to 740Mhz
RAM: 128M DDR2
Internal memory: 16GB
Battery: BL-5C 1020 mAh
lithium battery

Visit my websites here <https://retrogamehandhelds.com/index.html>

Discord here <https://discordapp.com/invite/tkEV6F2>

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Where I put the .wad files for the games Hexen and Heretic? I put the files in folder of this games but they don't start.

'games\hheretic' and 'games\hhexen'.
Shareware wads will be included for each in the next CFW release.

I have not tested the full datafiles but at least one person on the discord channel was using the full version of hexen.
Use the later versions of the WADs. Checksums here:
https://doomwiki.org/wiki/HERETIC.WAD
https://doomwiki.org/wiki/HEXEN.WAD

There is tv-out mode working?

TV-out only works with the original Miyoo OS, which only works on model V1 and V2 bittboys.
It is not functional under the CFW, the AV cable is no longer included with the v3 and v3.5 systems.

Last edited by Count Duckula,
Reactions: RafaelCedro

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
'games\hheretic' and 'games\hhexen'.
Shareware wads will be included for each in the next CFW release.

I have not tested the full datafiles but at least one person on the discord channel was using the full version of hexen.
Use the later versions of the WADs. Checksums here:
https://doomwiki.org/wiki/HERETIC.WAD
https://doomwiki.org/wiki/HEXEN.WAD

TV-out only works with the original Miyoo OS, which only works on model V1 and V2 bittboys.
It is not functional under the CFW, the AV cable is no longer included with the v3 and v3.5 systems.

Little shame, because RS-97 have it working...

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Where I put the .wad files for the games Hexen and Heretic? I put the files in folder of this games but they don't start.

To fix hexen not taking up the full screen replace the 'games\hhexen\hhexen-sdl' file with the one from attached zip.
Fix is thanks to scooterpsu on discord, will also be in next CFW release.

Attachments

• hhexen-sdl.zip
    260.7 KB · Views: 154
Reactions: RafaelCedro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol