Bioshock Infinite

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Aug 12, 2010.

Aug 12, 2010

Bioshock Infinite by Chanser at 7:44 PM (3,498 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
  2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Nice trailer but I'm not sure what to think about the idea of another game, always felt that the first one should have been a stand alone title.

That and I was hoping for System Shock 3.

3. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    This game kinad baffles me. The trailer looks cool and the idea sounds good but in the end its just bioshock with a new skin. Pretty much is sounding the same. Theres gonna be big daddy type guys, a utopia goes to hell, you have a gun in right hand powers in left, and the citizens are crazy and hate you. I expected not much innovation from bioshock 2 but from the actual developers? im getting the feeling if there wasn't a bioshock 2 i would be more excited for this.

4. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    oh so rapture is in the sky now instead of underwater.... [​IMG]

5. Revolution [9]

Member Revolution [9] GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a feeling this game's story will only be...meh. I mean, underwater it was practical but in the sky? How would that even stay hidden?

6. Bladexdsl

Australia
    here's an interview he doesn't say much but apparently this rapture (or columbia as it's called) is legit: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/story-bi...infinite/702803
    need to see some gameplay though if it's gonna be the same as BS2 than they can keep it after what a big disappointment that was. having to use a fucking camera to find the WEAKNESS of an enemy...no thnx!

7. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Oh

My

Fucking

GOD!

I want to play this game sooo bad now.
    I can only imagine the gameplay elements introduced in a world many miles about the ground with nothing but hot air and helium to keep it up!

btw, nice cuff links.

8. Scott-105

Member Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    That was one of the strangest things I've ever seen...

Hmm, maybe my brother will like this. He liked the first two BioShock games.

9. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    I just don't get it. There's something about the whole sky thing that really gets me.

No, I am not oblivious to change. >_>

10. sa1amandra

Member sa1amandra Gazzaro Launching!

Canada
    Maybe its a prequel to how a city in the sky became a city in the ocean.
    One of the best trailers I've seen, pretty intense. Without the number '3' in the title, we can't conclude that this is a direct sequel to number 2. This means that it can be a prequel, or a whole new era of bioshock.

11. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Well I would assume it would go above cloud cover. There wasn't a lot in terms of aviation in 1912 or whatever.

I feel like I'm the only person who didn't like the first BioShock. The controls felt very mediocre on the Xbox and while I appreciate survival horror, it seemed like the survival part was way too intensive. I was constantly running out of ammo and God forbid I actually want to get decent cash or ammo from the jackshits I kill. Didn't bother with BioShock 2 though since I found the first one average enough not to compel me to buy/borrow the second one.

12. worlok375

Member worlok375 GBAtemp's prince

United States
    The completely good ending for the second one kind of killed the series for me...

13. snico1995

Member snico1995 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    im pretty sure this takes place before bioshock, and has no direct connection but takes place in the same universe, im not sure though

14. Bladexdsl

Australia
  15. liquidnumb

Member liquidnumb GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I read several years ago that the reason Bioshock wasn't a System Shock game to begin with was because the publisher wouldn't let go of the rights. I sort of get the feeling that if they got the go ahead with a System Shock follow up, we would have just gotten Bioshock with a different name.

16. mightymuffy

Member mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    Ah yes, no3..... Well of course the Rapture in the sky idea is a complete 'WTF?!', but I for one am glad it's not set underwater again! The first game is definitely one of my fave games in recent times, and was foaming at the mouth for no2, but it was just too much - don't think I even finished it lol....
    Like some others I would also have been quite happy with Bioshock staying as a standalone game, but still, it's coming, has been in development for 3 years now and there's another 2 years to go before release...... should be a cracker when it gets released!

17. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I loved the first BioShock, both for PC and the 360, but the second game was.....ugh. Not bad but extremely redundant, you could have easily changed the story to say it was Jack with a mining drill in his hand ten years later and change nothing else. This looks like the sequel BioShock SHOULD have had.

18. Bladexdsl

Australia
    there better be no bs using cams to find weaknesses or other BS like that this time! that pretty much made me get sick of bs2 in a millisecond.