Bioshock Infinite

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice trailer but I'm not sure what to think about the idea of another game, always felt that the first one should have been a stand alone title.

That and I was hoping for System Shock 3.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This game kinad baffles me. The trailer looks cool and the idea sounds good but in the end its just bioshock with a new skin. Pretty much is sounding the same. Theres gonna be big daddy type guys, a utopia goes to hell, you have a gun in right hand powers in left, and the citizens are crazy and hate you. I expected not much innovation from bioshock 2 but from the actual developers? im getting the feeling if there wasn't a bioshock 2 i would be more excited for this.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
oh so rapture is in the sky now instead of underwater....
dry.gif

Revolution [9]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling this game's story will only be...meh. I mean, underwater it was practical but in the sky? How would that even stay hidden?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
here's an interview he doesn't say much but apparently this rapture (or columbia as it's called) is legit: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/story-bi...infinite/702803
need to see some gameplay though if it's gonna be the same as BS2 than they can keep it after what a big disappointment that was. having to use a fucking camera to find the WEAKNESS of an enemy...no thnx!

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh

My

Fucking

GOD!

I want to play this game sooo bad now.
I can only imagine the gameplay elements introduced in a world many miles about the ground with nothing but hot air and helium to keep it up!

btw, nice cuff links.

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
8BitWalugi said:
I just don't get it. There's something about the whole sky thing that really gets me.

No, I am not oblivious to change. >_>
Maybe its a prequel to how a city in the sky became a city in the ocean.
One of the best trailers I've seen, pretty intense. Without the number '3' in the title, we can't conclude that this is a direct sequel to number 2. This means that it can be a prequel, or a whole new era of bioshock.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Revolution [9 said:
]
I have a feeling this game's story will only be...meh. I mean, underwater it was practical but in the sky? How would that even stay hidden?

Well I would assume it would go above cloud cover. There wasn't a lot in terms of aviation in 1912 or whatever.

I feel like I'm the only person who didn't like the first BioShock. The controls felt very mediocre on the Xbox and while I appreciate survival horror, it seemed like the survival part was way too intensive. I was constantly running out of ammo and God forbid I actually want to get decent cash or ammo from the jackshits I kill. Didn't bother with BioShock 2 though since I found the first one average enough not to compel me to buy/borrow the second one.

D

Deleted-247497

im pretty sure this takes place before bioshock, and has no direct connection but takes place in the same universe, im not sure though

liquidnumb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaydrian said:
Nice trailer but I'm not sure what to think about the idea of another game, always felt that the first one should have been a stand alone title.

That and I was hoping for System Shock 3.

I read several years ago that the reason Bioshock wasn't a System Shock game to begin with was because the publisher wouldn't let go of the rights. I sort of get the feeling that if they got the go ahead with a System Shock follow up, we would have just gotten Bioshock with a different name.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah yes, no3..... Well of course the Rapture in the sky idea is a complete 'WTF?!', but I for one am glad it's not set underwater again! The first game is definitely one of my fave games in recent times, and was foaming at the mouth for no2, but it was just too much - don't think I even finished it lol....
Like some others I would also have been quite happy with Bioshock staying as a standalone game, but still, it's coming, has been in development for 3 years now and there's another 2 years to go before release...... should be a cracker when it gets released!

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
I loved the first BioShock, both for PC and the 360, but the second game was.....ugh. Not bad but extremely redundant, you could have easily changed the story to say it was Jack with a mining drill in his hand ten years later and change nothing else. This looks like the sequel BioShock SHOULD have had.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1